L30D IRS2092 IRFB 4227 IRAUDAMP9 MYDIY

I've just ordered 2 new L30D boards 1.Is it ok to be powered both in paralell by the same SMPS power supply (+/- 70V,800W),are there any noise problems? 2.Can I run the new L30D safely with no load (no speaker connected) for a short time (at least)? 3.Does replacing the 33uF input cap with a "better" one (nichion muse kz ) or bypassing it with something like a small vishay 0.1 mkp improve sound quality ? Thanks!

I've just ordered 2 new L30D boards 1.Is it ok to be powered both in paralell by the same SMPS power supply (+/- 70V,800W),are there any noise problems? 2.Can I run the new L30D safely with no load (no speaker connected) for a short time (at least)? 3.Does replacing the 33uF input cap with a "better" one (nichion muse kz ) or bypassing it with something like a small vishay 0.1 mkp improve sound quality ? Thanks!
One power supply. Two circuit boards L30D can be connected. No noise problem.
The input capacitor does not need to be replaced. KZ is no better than OSCON.

Hello,

I planning the same project. Did you already received the parts ? And if so what is the sound
quality of the amplifiers.

Hello,

I planning the same project. Did you already received the parts ? And if so what is the sound
quality of the amplifiers.
Not yet,in about 2-3 weeks I think,,it's slow from China to Romania. I have a hifimediy T4 tk2050 board and a small mono irf 4019 board powered by+/- 50V and after I receive the L30D boards I want to compare all 3 of them on my approx 4 ohm speakers . I'll let you know after that

I've received the L30 boards,they look very well built,large heavy heatsink,metal spacers,heatsink on the output coil and even a small one on a ceramic power resistor. I'm waiting for the power supply to arrive.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 141
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 140
I received my l30 boards. One works the second one is defective. It starts without line-in connected. If i connect the line-in the led keeps blinking and the will not start. So help how to solve this is appreciated.
The connection between the line-in connector and the pcb is oke. I swapped the line-in connections between the amps but that did not solve the problem.

Again help is appreciated.

Hallo, here s my mono l30 d amp---I have 2 of course, nice sounding, powerful, unfortunately, the power module break down, I bought like you suggested new power modules, transfo is out at 50 Volts, so we get 70 volts, capacitors are rated 80 volts, will they get too much warmed up ??? is everything correct now ??? power will be 70 * - volts.
AMP 2.jpg

Attachments

• TRASFO 1.jpg
    TRASFO 1.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 56
  • AMP 1.jpg
    AMP 1.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 54
the amp module has been on one hour driving my 18 inch sub woofer, the temp is 40 C-I have not yet installed the new power supply module, the old one is 20 C
40C seems acceptable to me,and also first you shoud try a vent in the cover/lid of the amp just above the L30 amp module for passive cooling,and if that is not enough a 12V fan is perfect ,whatever diameter you like. However if you add a fan don't forget to add it in a way so that the air can move inside/outside ,a fan is useless if it only moves the hot air inside the casing of the amp.

Reactions: 1 user
40C seems acceptable to me,and also first you shoud try a vent in the cover/lid of the amp just above the L30 amp module for passive cooling,and if that is not enough a 12V fan is perfect ,whatever diameter you like. However if you add a fan don't forget to add it in a way so that the air can move inside/outside ,a fan is useless if it only moves the hot air inside the casing of the amp.
Also, make sure the fan is directing air directly onto the fins of the heatsink. It is the turbulence of the air passing through the heatsink fins that helps cool the heatsink and hence the MOSFETS.