Newb trying to figure out way to go for diy subwoofer amplification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

In my search for a new subwoofer system for me back at home I come across some various options. Some include DIY options. I am noob on the diy so bear with me :)

For now I use a BK XXLS400 DF subwoofer. It does its job pretty decent. Though I am using this one for 3 years now and with music with guitars It plays very well in my situation can hear the snares, but when I try to play some harder dance music (Hardcore/hardstyle/DnB) its lacking this punch I always get when going to a party somewhere, or when sitting in a friends car with this music on. The lower frequencies like 70ish down to 30hz (I think) is ok but 70ishh hz to 100/120hz it feels like I am missing some kick to it.

So the plan is to make my own subwoofer, I could buy one that's already available in the store but I have 1 big 'problem' it is supposed to be white and down firing. (WAF) And I like to make/buy an amp like its a plate amp. I know there are some behringer and other pa amps for cheaper but I like it to be one package.

There are some great options with hypex. I was planning on using maybe a JL audio 12w6v2 or even an 12w7 , I want to stick with 12 inch for now. And also thinking about keeping the subwoofer closed also because the cabinet could be smaller like 45x45x45 for instance. Not sure if this is the best way to go instead of ported. I also like watching movies so yea some lower frequencies should also be represented.

The one thing that catched my attention is the UCD2k with SMPS3K it probably overkill for anything I wanted but I guess its better to have more power than to little and besides the 700 version isn't 2ohm stable this one is. And maybe better for the future.

But is it difficult to make an unit like this complete ? With a gain knob, phase knob, power on on signal to RCA ? I've seen some pictures on the project on here but there is not a whole lot to find from this build.

Thanks in advance !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.