Build advice for audiophile build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. My first diy build was a red board 3116 last year in a small wooden jewlery box. I am still using it. I now have the itch to build something new and better. A friend of mine just got a high dollar class d amp that got me thinking.
I am pairing this with a pair of Jeff Bagby Continuum speakers and a classic Fisher tube preamplifier.
What is going to give me the best quality sound?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Best sound quality classD? In my experience the classD amps I've had have been limited by their poor PSRR - to improve on this choose one with a much bigger voltage swing than you need and step the output down with a transformer. This gives a PSRR improvement and hence a SQ improvement.

Transformers can also be used to combine the outputs of several amps together in a similar manner with the aim of improved PSRR. This is eminently practical with the low prices of TDA3116 and other classD boards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.