YL2020 Amplifier Module Review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no experience so far.
but have one right in front of me on the desk.
i try to figure out what the actual circuit is compared to the datasheet.
i'm going to solder a strip of 12 pin headers on it and build the rest of the datasheet-circuit on perfboard.
the output lc filter and the recommended snubber are not onboard.
the ic produces a voltage vreg (4V at Pin 15) which sets FAULT (pin 46), MUTE (pin 45), SD (shutdown) (pin 44) into on and off status.
there is no VREG output from the YL2020 board, but the FAULT, MUTE, SD have to be set external.
as the datasheet recommends to not leave those pins unconnected, i will get started with this amp as soon as i found a solution to get control of those pins.
the gain control pins are both connected via a 10k resistor to VREG.
i like how the R-output is close to the pin.
although the bootstrap cap of the L-output is close to the chip, the trace towards the board-output is looooooong.
.....just some observations.

Anyone got his working?

Mine arrived a couple of days ago, so I tried (rather naively, I guess) to connect it as described by the usual ebay sellers - i.e. leaving FAULT, MUTE and SD unconnected.
Naturally, all I got from the speakers was rather loud buzz :(
(I used 12V power supply). The sound input was from my Rasberry Pi server via RCA connectors, input signal was connected/soldered to Lin, AGND and Rin...

As there are no instructions from the sellers, I managed to find some reference in one of the aliexpress sellers' description:
"Recently, customers reflect on the use of bottom-to-noise problem, the solution is to use a wire input and power turned on, can be solved. Because the scope of application of the requirements are not the same, the design time, there is no audio input to the wiring and power turned on. "

Now, for the life of me, I don't understand what this Chinglish is supposed to mean, but I guess others are having the same issues with this module :)

Any ideas how to make this one work?

Attachments

• sku_418865_1.jpg
    sku_418865_1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 386
Assuming it's like its bigger brothers...

Connect shutdown to VCC to enable.

Tie mute and fault together and connect to VCC through a 10k resistor. This way if fault is triggered it will automatically mute the amp until the fault is cleared. Alternately you can just connect mute to ground.

After looking though at a few pictures of the board more closely, it looks like there are already 10k pull-up/down resistors on the board. I also found a picture that says shutdown and mute don't need to be connected, which confirms that's.

If your board isn't working as-is then I would guess it's either a wiring problem or a faulty board.

If your board isn't working as-is then I would guess it's either a wiring problem or a faulty board.

THX for your help: as you noticed, the pullup resistors are already there, so nothing changes with these modifications.

The buzz persists, and it's probably a grounding issue - rather noticeable... :)
I've used voltage divider using resistors on the input, and got rid of the buzz when no input is connected. However, as soon as I connect input (plug in RCA interconnect cable), there's loud buzz again. Hmmm, will have to check everything thoroughly and fiddle a bit more... current connections are rather messy, will have to check soldering carefully and all signal paths/wires...

Hey guis, im new to all of this.

I'm building an internet radio.

using:
* ESP32 microcontroller.
* VS1053 MP3 decoder.
* LM2596 DC-DC (12 to 5).
* 12 volt power supply:1 x AC 100V 240V to DC 12V 1A 2A 3A 5A 6A 8A lighting transformers Power Supply Adapter Converter Charger For LED Strip light-in Lighting Transformers from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

and the:
YL2020 amp

As the guy above me have said, there's a laud BUZZ, before even plugin in the aux.

I have tried the solution suggested here.
but no success, do you have any idea what more i can do to fix this BUZZ?

Thanks y'all.
Gal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.