Need help with iraudamp7d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How did you make the measurements and what power supply are you using?

i m using transformer rating +-50volts 3amp. built just one channel. i measured output voltage and waveform. i measure it again changing feedback resistor and now i get around 180wats at 4ohms. cant go further dont know why.. and also dc protection trips when using speaker. but on resistor load it works well.
i am using 2n5401 for dcp instead of 2n3906 as in iraudamp7d ref. design

i tested my board and found that one side was not getting ground connection thats why my board was continuosly triggerring dc protection now board works all fine. I got 225watts at the point near clipping. i was using +-50volts transformer. looking at efficiency factor, is this output correct?

Your transformer is 300VA (50V +50V =100V multiply bythe cuttent 3A), that is 300VA or watts. A transformer driving a resistive load would nominally output 300W.As the IRS amps are about 90% efficient the most you could expect is 270 Watts. However this will be lower into a loudspeaker.

The reality is that you trasformer is too small to allow more output.

Your transformer is 300VA (50V +50V =100V multiply bythe cuttent 3A), that is 300VA or watts. A transformer driving a resistive load would nominally output 300W.As the IRS amps are about 90% efficient the most you could expect is 270 Watts. However this will be lower into a loudspeaker.

The reality is that you trasformer is too small to allow more output.

the output i mentioned was tested on a resistor load. i did not talk about loudspeaker load. for determining clipping i made the measurements using a scope.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.