First timer w/ Anaview AMS1000-2600 minimum requirements?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
First timer playing with amp modules, so please be gentle. :)

After having read so much of the praise I opted to get an Anaview AMS 1000 to see how far it will fly sonically. Didn't get a chassis or anything, as I'm just going to hook it up for a quick audition as is.

Thing is, I'm not sure what the minimum requirements to get this thing going?

Can I just solder the XLR terminals in place, the SpeakOn speaker terminals and hook it up to power with an on and off switch on the main lines, and that's it, or is more required?

Hello,
Thanks! The plan is to listen to these to see if they're any good, and if they are, try out an AMS0100 module too. If they work well, I'd like to use them in a multi way actively crossed over system using miniDSP or equivalent.

giulio: So getting a big chassis and sticking multiple modules inside is not smart with regards to RFI?

Would getting a C14 power inlet with integrated EMI filter affect the performance of the AMS1000 module in any way, positive or negative?

I am interested to know about the emi filter and pairing with the AMS1000. I am about to order one of those below as the last step in my build. The first works at 400hz, but the next is 50-400hz. Would really like to hear any opinions.

FN9264B-10-06 | Schaffner FN9264 Series 10A 250 V ac 400Hz Panel Mount EMI Filter, with Tab Terminals | Schaffner
FN9264-10-06 | Schaffner FN9264 Series 10A 250 V ac 50 → 400Hz Flange Mount EMI Filter, with Tab Terminals | Schaffner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.