First time doing my own crossover, tweeter won't play any sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi fellow diy'ers!
I've have finally assembled the last parts of my mobile soundsystem, but of course something doesn't work.

My setup consists of:

4 x Eminence Delta 15A

1 x Eighteensound HD1050 1" CD

All driven by a Pioneer GM-D8604 Class-D car amplifier (running the system on 12V batteries)

I've bridged the Pioneer so it has 2 channels in mono. On one channel is 2 woofers in parallel. On the other is (should be) 2 woofers and the horn all in parallel. Furthermore have I added a passive crossover on the horn and the woofers, that are on the same channel. On the other 2 woofers, I've used the Pioneer's inbuild 250Hz LPF.

I've designed the crossover with a 1,6kHz cut, 2. order BW. Woofer impedance is set to 4 ohm and tweeter impedance is set to 8 ohm. Pictures below show the calculations and the output. I've also added an L-PAD on the horn, reducing it by 7 dB in 8 ohms.

My problem is simply that the horn won't play at all. I've tested all connections with a multimeter and there's a clear connection from the amp to the horn itself, through the crossover. I've tried to remove the bigger resistor (marked with an orange square) from the terminal block, but it didn't make any difference. I've also tried to remove all filters on the Pioneer, didn't make the horn play.

I suspect that there something wrong with wirering on either the L-PAD or the crossover, but I have very limited experience with this.

Link to album

What is the thing with the orange star on it? Is it the second element in your L-Pad?

Also, why is there a jumper between the (-) terminal blocks when you already have individual wires going there?

I have to leave so maybe someone can chime in while I'm away.

Exactly, that is the other resistor. I see your point on the jumper, it seems unnecesarry. I'll remove it, maybe something changes.

Thanks for your advice!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.