Muse M20 EX2 TA2020 amp, relays switching on/off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a Muse M20 EX2 amp and love the sound quality ... when it works.
The problem is that the output relays are not always switching on, or sometimes they switch on and a while later (can be an hour later), they switch off. Sometimes they quickly switch on again, but sometimes it takes minutes before they switch on again.
The strange thing is that when the relays are switched off, I can slightly hit the AMP and the relays switch on.

What could be causing this?
The power supply is 12V, 5A right now.

All ideas are welcome.

It's probably the power supply you got with the amp? i bought 2 of these off E-Pay and neither of the power supplies i got with them worked?? Good old Chi-Fi ingenuity! Anyway i got a couple of good quality 12VDC 5A power supplies from from P.E. onsale and they worked fine.
I use mine with a pair AP850 Outdoor 8" 2-Way High Definition Patio Speakers, and they sounded a little too shrill/forward with my IPhone listening to Pandora. I remembered a had a pair of in-line RCA 6DB attenuators in the drawer, so I went and got them, and installed them on the Y-Adapter cable plugged in to the AMP. WALLA, the combo sounded like a million bucks for my outdoor "Blues" rig!! The SMSL SA-36 PRO went into reserve for my grandkids in case one of their T-Amps goes toes up. Best sounding little T-Amp out there in my "Guesstimation!" :) Hope you get yours up and running.

Mac

Old thread, but could be useful to current owners:)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.