Shorted voltage regulator on SMSL amp need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Woohoo!! It works :D. I did what you said and read the spec sheet for the tpa3116 (yes the whole thing), checked all the voltages, ran two wires from the input to the legs of the capacitors shown previously that connect to the amp, and it works. Obviously I've lost all control of the front panel, but that doesn't matter for my intended use anyway. The only downside I have noticed is that sometimes if it is connected to a input source but the source is paused there will be a hum through the speaker, but as soon as you hit play it disappears completely. Not really a problem though just an observation. Both channels work correctly and I still have a pre-amp out through the rca's to go the subwoofer amp. Thank you all very much, you have saved me a lot of time and money and I greatly appreciate all the help.

(I just went from the RCA's to the capacitors since the RCA's are already directly connected to the auxiliary input and I thought it would look cleaner)

you used right in positive for signal (chinese label that side left channel at output) and left in negative for signal, I can't see if the chinese inverted the output for their right channel ?

OK maybe not clear english? Compare the pic's, signal to pin4 and pin11. Is this ok?
483155d1431669219-shorted-voltage-regulator-smsl-amp-need-help-img_20150515_243019_819.jpg

Attachments

• TPA3118D2.gif
    TPA3118D2.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 38
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.