41Hz forum dump - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th May 2015, 01:18 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 41Hz forum dump

Hello everybody. Since the 41Hz site is down and their forum had a lot of information regarding their amplifiers, does anybody has a dump of their forum that he can possibly share?
Old 10th May 2015, 01:14 PM   #2
Trileru is offline Trileru  Romania
diyAudio Member

Try with waybackmachine, maybe you find the info you need
Old 10th May 2015, 05:58 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trileru View Post
Try with waybackmachine, maybe you find the info you need
Hi! Thanks for the hint. Just tried it but unfortunately the forums are not available. Only this is available 41Hz Audio - Main page

Last edited by PanagiotisPapadakos; 10th May 2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10th May 2015, 06:17 PM   #4
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Where does he have the backup.... does he have backup?
Old 10th May 2015, 08:37 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Ok. I think here is a back up of the first pages of the forum 41hz Forum. Unfortunately wayback hasn't store the whole forum.

Last edited by PanagiotisPapadakos; 10th May 2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 15th May 2015, 12:40 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Forums are stored in databases. I do not think waybackmachine can archive databases, because typically the db files are not directly accessible via http, ftp, or any other internet protocol. They reside on the back-end, often on an entirely different server (but not necessarily). Every page view on a forum is in fact generated by php code (usually) which issues queries to the database and then builds the page based on the returned data.

The only ways to resurrect the data would be to gain access to the db file and then either build a new site which can query the db, or to get the db up and running and then do a database dump. The resulting db dump file would be nearly useless for a human to try to read.

In other words; you are out of luck.

Last edited by cogitech; 15th May 2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 15th May 2015, 12:45 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

That is not true. You just need a crawler and a link to the pages to just get all the content. Else google couldn't not cache the diyaudio for example http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...clnk&gws_rd=cr
Old 15th May 2015, 02:25 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanagiotisPapadakos View Post
That is not true. You just need a crawler and a link to the pages to just get all the content. Else google couldn't not cache the diyaudio for example http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...clnk&gws_rd=cr
But in order to have access to all those pages indefinitely, they would all need to be crawled and archived individually and permanently. Neither waybackmachine nor google does this, as far as I know.

Once the site is down, which is the case with 41Hz, it is impossible to crawl. A link to the pages is useless if the server no longer contains the data.

I wish you luck. You will need it.

Last edited by cogitech; 15th May 2015 at 02:28 AM.
Old 15th May 2015, 08:44 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitech View Post
But in order to have access to all those pages indefinitely, they would all need to be crawled and archived individually and permanently. Neither waybackmachine nor google does this, as far as I know.

Once the site is down, which is the case with 41Hz, it is impossible to crawl. A link to the pages is useless if the server no longer contains the data.

I wish you luck. You will need it.
Well, I don't need luck, since there is nothing to find. waybackmachine has crawled only part of the site, not the whole site, so there is nothing to find except some bits of info from a number of threads. That's all. Btw, that is what a crawler does. It navigates all available links, download the content and visits the new available links (using a number of policies). And I believe that google indexes the whole diyaudio forum for example.
Old 17th May 2015, 09:46 PM   #10
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
What do you need in particular?
I think I might have a fair bit of the PDF files with building instructions, BOM etc.

Otherwise, maybe V-bro might be able to help?

Hide this!Advertise here!