Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

41Hz forum dump
41Hz forum dump
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th May 2015, 08:50 PM   #11
PanagiotisPapadakos is offline PanagiotisPapadakos  Greece
diyAudio Member

Hi Havoc. Thanks for the help. I already have found docs related to the BOM, instructions for building the truepath and pdf files from Tripath, application notes, etc. What I am really interested though are the discussion on this specific forum. It is a pity that we have lost all this valuable knowledge
Old 17th May 2015, 10:03 PM   #12
Havoc08 is offline Havoc08  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Havoc08
Yes, that is true. I didnīt know the 41hz site was down. Did Jan turn the key or did a server crash with no backup?
Old 18th May 2015, 01:49 AM   #13
horst303 is offline horst303  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc08 View Post
What do you need in particular?
I think I might have a fair bit of the PDF files with building instructions, BOM etc.

Otherwise, maybe V-bro might be able to help?
Do you have a way to contact him? He just up and left here two years ago. Slightly curious what the circumstances were (but not that much)
I can live without the forum but frankly I just want the shop to be back up, the amps Jan put together were pretty special, and by an large still unmatched, I still don't see an equivalent to the amp32 anywhere.
Old 18th May 2015, 03:17 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

The amp32 was very cool. I used it for a fair amount of projects myself.

I have an email for V-bro. I know there was some mud throwing back and forth between him and the chinese T-amp manufacturers. I stayed out of it, but will agree that none of the Chinese amps sound as good out of the box as the 41hz amps and I have tried quite a few.
Old 18th May 2015, 06:05 AM   #15
Saturnus is offline Saturnus  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc08 View Post
The amp32 was very cool. I used it for a fair amount of projects myself.
The amp32 is fully replaced by a DIYaudio vendor

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendo...mall-amps.html

Same size, better output power (up to 2x42W), lower idle power, and as good if not better SQ.

The TPA3132 chip it is based on is an automotive qualified package shrunk version of the TPA3118.
Old 18th May 2015, 06:45 AM   #16
horst303 is offline horst303  Australia
diyAudio Member

Ah thanks Saturnus, wasn't aware of that one.
Have you used it?
Old 18th May 2015, 06:53 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

I haven't had a cause yet but I will when I get the time.
Old 18th May 2015, 04:30 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

That looks very neat! I have tried a fair amount of the TPA amps, but have yet to prefer them over my modded 2024 or TK2050 T-amps. The very short leads look promising and the inductors look fair compared to the chinese offerings. I normally swap in the Tripath recommended red toroids as it makes a large difference to me.

For that price however you can get many 2024 amps or a TK2050 amp. It might be great for particular needs however.
Old 18th May 2015, 04:43 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

The particular need would be as a replacement for a amp32. Or if you just need an amp capable of doing 2x42W rms (18.3V+ supply, 4ohm load*) in physically miniature size. It's the same size as amp32 which means 25x38mm. Doubt you'll find any cheap Chinese amps in that size with even remotely the same output power capability or sound quality. The Coilcraft inductors are virtually identical to the Sagami inductors the 41hz amps used.

*The chip is virtual rail limited so any supply voltage over 18.3V will be ignored and virtually railed to 18.3V.
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:28 AM   #20
semmyroundel is offline semmyroundel  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default 41Hz amp15-PS XP Build

Hi all, I successfully built a Chipamp from chipamp.com (the dual mono LM3886), and a very sweet amp it is.
I started a 41hz amp15-ps xp and am nearing completion but need some documentation to finish it.
I'm well aware of 41hz failings, but someone out there must have something on it.
Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance guys/.

41Hz forum dumpHide this!Advertise here!