Power supply voltage max for china amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The TPA3116 has overvoltage protection that shuts it down when supply voltage hits 26V so even if there's no smoke from other parts it will never even start up with 28V supply voltage. I know the TPA3116 thread is quite long so I understand why people are hesitant to jump over there but the general consensus is that the chip prefers a supply voltage of about 19V-21V to perform its best. SQ quickly drops at higher voltages. So get yourself a 20V supply.

Last edited:
Listening impressions

Hooked the amp up to a 19.5 v 130w laptop power brick. I used the 3.5mm line to my computer. I listened to Pandora and you tube. First thought,this does not seem like a 50wpc rms amp.More like about 20 wpc. The mids and highs are great,I mean they are clean and bright. But, there is a definite lack of low bass. For a comparison, my Dayton T-amp plays much louder with alot more low end bass. Which leads me to wonder if this is configured with a small speaker ,large speaker switch internally.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.