YJ-IRAUD 350 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2015, 11:12 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Post YJ-IRAUD 350

Hi DIYers
I paid a module YJ-IRAUD350 38 on Aliexpress and I was immediately pleased with his good sound. I have a big problem, in spite of the power supplied, the operation time, the impedance of the speaker, the power supply voltage, the resistors R6 and R7 adapted for the voltage of 45-0-45 "AC" by 3.9KOhm to 4.7 KOhm, the amplifier goes into protection mode ... and after a few seconds starts to work and this thing becomes cyclical.
These are the conditions of operation:
- Toroidal Transformer 45-0-45 AC - 1000 VA;
- Impedance speakers used: 4 Ohm / 16 Ohm.
- Input: iPod / Computer / Esoteric Analogic Preamplifier / Guitar Tube Preamplifier etc. etc.

The heat sink is hot (50 C) if the volume is high but is lukewarm if the volume is low. I do not know what to do ... Help please. Thanks to all those who will answer

Ing. Giuseppe Clemente
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 710Q+3G+v7L._SL1500_.jpg (98.0 KB, 563 views)
Old 3rd May 2015, 08:54 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ionutzxpo
Hi, change the mosfets with IRFB4020 or IRFB5615 if your power supply is not greater than +/-60Vcc
Old 3rd May 2015, 01:41 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Jacob thanks for your answer.
Yours is good advice, but I do not know if I can implement it because I use a toroidal transformer with secondary 45-0-45 ... therefore I have a DC voltage of 45 x 1:41 = 63.5 Volt.
You advise me to change also the mosfet?
You think that I'm using the MOSFET is defective?

thanks for your patience :-)
Old 17th May 2015, 06:18 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I think Jacob means that as your DC voltage is over 60V-0-60V then you need higher voltage MOSFETS.
Old 19th May 2015, 10:37 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

chienmort Thank's for your reply
... mmmmmmmm in these conditions I don't know what mosfet to use...
Now I try on data sheet....

This anomalous behavior, the amplifier will block, is a behavior that I found on all amplifiers in class D. I bought, for the game, a 10-watt stereo amplifier, Class D, I plugged my speakers , Martin Logan Aerius, and listening is great but if I exaggerate with the volume, stop all, I have to turn off and turn it back on. The source is a sound card Metric Halo ULN-8.

It is possible that this is an undesirable feature of all the systems in class D?
Old 20th May 2015, 02:00 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Over voltage protection is protecting the MOSFETS from operating outside their maximum ratings, voltage, currant or temperature. All these parameters are interrelated and are set by the IRS2092 controller. Most Class D designs will incorporate some or all of these protections.

Protection circuits make a discrete design very complex and can often cause as many problems as they solve. Most class A/B Amos they have short circuit protection, a crude form iof over current protection but no over voltage protection.

I am no expert on MOSFETS but there is a chart on the IR website showing clearly what MOSFETS are good for what voltage/power/impedances. Unfortunately I cannot find it at the moment.
Old 21st May 2015, 02:55 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

The 2092 is detecting an over current event and is resetting itself for a few seconds.
I don't know what mosfets you have in there but if they 4019's they wont drive 4 ohm loads.
If you want to drive 4 ohm loads then you need better mosfet. The trouble is more powerful mosfets tend to have higher capacitance which will upset over current detect again.
I would try it with 8 ohm speaker and see how you get on.
Old 24th May 2015, 09:00 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

the infineon IPP320N20N3GXKSA1 is a much better choice, 3xlower rdson,still lower gatecharge and reverse capacitance than the fets normally sold with this aliexpress device. I changed the relay into a 48V device to save power in de series resistors.
the change to 4.7K may not be needed, it is advised for voltages above 50V AC. 3.9K for 40- 45Vac. you may run short on the local rails otherwise
Old 24th May 2015, 09:11 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

i'm about to test my setup, same 45-0-45 500VA toroid. let you know how that goes...
Old 24th May 2015, 09:35 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

it's a bridge mode using 2 IRAUD350, and 2 smaller ones for the HF side, bridge driving into 16 ohms. plus softstart and dc prot on the left PCB with 2 relays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1332[1].jpg (204.2 KB, 326 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!