Guitar Mini Amp with PAM8610 Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,

I want to build a small guitar Amp, something like the ruby (Ruby) but I want more power. I have tried a PAM8610 based module (Mini Hi-Fi PAM8610 Audio Stereo Amplifier board/2X10W Dual Channel D Class 12V - from Alibaba.com), but the guitar pickups levels are too low to drive that module.

I know I need a preamp between the Guitar and the Amp Module, but I want something very simple but effective. Do you know some very simple circuit I can put in between? It should have at least 1M ohm Z to not load the guitar pickups and enough gain to drive the PAM module.

Thanks in advance :)

Interesting topic! I'm working on the same type of project. I had the same issue with driving the 2x3W cheap amp I bought(I mean CHEAP lol $3).

I had a behrenger amp modeler stomp box laying around and it made the little amp scream. I ended up gutting it and installed it in the amp(cigar box). pretty sweet but I already want to build new one :)

I don't see any reason why you can't use the first stage of the Ruby as your pre.

There are some links here as well: preamp for guitar

Here's the amp board I used: Mini Digital 3W+3W Amplifier Module Board - Green

Surprisingly loud with the stomp box in the loop! And $3.09 a pop lmao!! Pics attaached.

My next amp will be a custom board using a TI TPA3112. I may try the FET preamp with that one.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 242
Your Amp looks very nice :)

The input stage of the Ruby will not work because it is just a buffer (gain=1) So it will bring a wonderful 1M Ohm input match, but no gain at all.

I want something really simple, maybe a JFET based input buffer (like ruby), followed by a bjt common emiter amplifier.

Guitar -> JFET Buffer -> BJT Amp -> Power Amp

Or something based on OpAmps:

Guitar -> OpAmp Buffer -> OpAmp Amplifier -> Power Amp

But I want the simplest solution.

I don't know sorry. I believe it's a bit on the low side from what I've read. I'm planning on trying it soon, so will let you know how it works out.

I'm pretty you can raise the impedance by raising the value of R3. But, from what I understand, you will lose with that change.

Check out the circuit just above Muff, called mosfet boost. It's 10M Z and can be changed.(I may try this one too!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.