L15D Pro more bass ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
I have a pair of these running off a connexelectronic 45v/300w SMPS and my first impression is that they sound a little flat. I was wondering if the PS is powerfull enough to drive both amps or if there is anything else i shoud check? Would a linear PS help ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
ok, thank's. I got a PS board with 4 huge capacitors on it 10k each I think. I just need to find a suitable transformer to be ble to use it. In the mean time, I'll push the voltage of the SMPS to its max (+5%) an see (listen) if that will affect the Sound.

I did a little test with a Gainclone on one side and the L15D on the other. Observing the speakers, there was clearly more movement on the GC side even after inverting the input.

So, these amps have been playing for over 48 hours and either i am getting used to their sound or they have opened up considerably. No way of measuring the effect but i am really liking what i am hearing at the moment.

One thing that may indicate that the PSU is underrated, is that when the volume is pushed to the max with some bassy music the amps shut off automatically, maybe indicating an undercurrent state... although im just guessing.

Anyone else experience a change of SQ over time with this type of amp ? I have been dubious about the burn in effect but in this case it seems to be a reality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.