Discrete class D amplifier outputs low volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,
I have a discrete class D project that I need help with but since I'm not an analog guy I got a problem. So far I got everything set up and the discrete class D works perfectly. But it outputs a low volume sound due to the DC voltage which is about 6 volts, if I increase the voltage I'll burn my circuit. So How do I increase the volume of the speaker so my circuit can handle up to 35V to get a high volume sound.

on the attachment is the schematic and simulation.

I'd appreciate tips and help.

Attachments

• Simulation.JPG
    Simulation.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 194
  • ClassD circuit.JPG
    ClassD circuit.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 197
Emitter resistor of Q1, it's missing.
Edit: Ok I see the shunt feedback via R2. But you still need the emitter resistor because it adds a way to control your DC point. Right now your purple waveform is stuck at -5.5V plus VBE of Q1.

Also your DC levels are all over the place. Pink and yellow (and/or purple, depending on how you do it) should have the same DC level.

Get the green waveform working first, then you can look at adding a post-filter feedback later too.

Also, try simulating with 0V input and audio frequency input first.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.