potentiometer por Amp Tpa3116

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello and a congratulations for your page.

I want to buy a D-Amp, i'm looking for Tpa3116 and i like the version of "yuan-jing" or "Sure" (I don't decided yet, if you can recommend one i'll thank you) and my problem is i can't buy a Potentiometer specific for this amp, the manufacturer sell a lot of thing less this, they only sell this part if you buy a amp which mounted by them.

I can buy it in a electronic shop but i don't know the value of resistor, and ¿i need to put something more? a capacitor perhaps to filter? if it is posible ¿you have a schematic?

Greeting and thanks.

Hi

Once I asked the same and I was recommended this one, a bit pricey but it supose to be a very good one.
If you are looking for a motorized with a remote I also have this one and it works fine, and if you need different inputs with some relays board you can have until four inputs.

Last edited:
Uh, it's early in the morning and I forgot to add that I am using Little Bear P-3 6N3 based preamp (buffer) with my Sure TPA3116. Silly me...
Preamp has 50k Ohm linear pot on itself and I find it inadequate for this combo. Starts really loud, too loud before 9 o'clock setting...
Now, some people advised 10k or 20k pots and I just don't get it, don't I need at least 100k log for that matter? So that amplification starts easy and slowly upon turning up the potentiometer.
DAC with 2 Vrms is source and I made attenuator to lower the input signal to 1 Vrms.
TIA

You don't need a 100k pot at the pre input, 20K is enough and the loud sound will appear "later". Get a log pot, not linear, too. The ouput Z of CDP's is relatively low, so you don't really need as much as a 100K at the pre input. You do not need a pot at the class-d input either, as slong as you have got one at the pre input.

You don't need a 100k pot at the pre input, 20K is enough and the loud sound will appear "later". Get a log pot, not linear, too. The ouput Z of CDP's is relatively low, so you don't really need as much as a 100K at the pre input. You do not need a pot at the class-d input either, as slong as you have got one at the pre input.

I am aware of that. But it seams that pot on the preamp is on the output of the signal...

I see... so if I turn existing potentiometer on maximum and insert one 20k log pot at input it should be OK?!
As for the input/output impedance, the thing is that I need that 6N3 preamp to drive two TPA3116 amplifiers, is there an easy way to do that?
Thanks

Last edited:
I see... so if I turn existing potentiometer on maximum and insert one 20k log pot at input it should be OK?!
As for the input/output impedance, the thing is that I need that 6N3 preamp to drive two TPA3116 amplifiers, is there an easy way to do that?
Thanks
It's better to jumper short the in/out pot pins rather than turn it on max.

As to driving two amps - I do not think you should face any problems here. Those amps are not very expensive, if you know what I mean.

Start with driving one amp, and then wire on the other one. Good luck

Wieslaw, I see Your point regarding shorting existing pot...
As for TPA3116, they're not expensive, nor they should be, but i don't treat them like junk...
Sure TPA3116 that I have now is nice little piece of electronic.
Anyway, I managed to scrap some low cost stuff and would like to put it up for a good use with with what I've got at home. Can't afford much else for that matter...
I have two pairs of speakers, one is good at higher range, other at low... I plan to drive them through separate amps that are fed from Raspberry Pi and ESS 9023 DAC (2 Vrms) through 6N3 preamp.
My aim is to tweak that configuration to it's maximum without too much hassle... If You know what i mean...
Any input is welcome...

irribeo, thanks for a good reading... I'm still at it, hopefully to learn something...
I know some stuff, but also missing some basic knowledge, so every advice and explanation is appreciated...

twin amp balance control

Anyway, as I mentioned in previous post, I plan to use 2 stereo amplifiers.
I came to idea to build a balance control potentiometer that I will use between preamp and 2 amplifiers.
Something like in the attachment... any correction is welcome...
...it is 4 gang linear 100k pot, in center position both amps should have equal attenuation, as low as possible...

Attachments

• 2 amplifier balance control.png
    2 amplifier balance control.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.