brx2400.1d blown

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, my hifonics brx2400.1d blown yesterday

I opened it up and 4 fets blown and a couple resistor near them burned. I do have soldering skill to change these no problem, but before I try I'd like to know what you guys think...

Would it work? And what else should I be looking for on the board?

Nothing else LOOKS burned or damaged, and I have a multimeter to check some components

Last edited:
I had just installed 0 gauge wires from the old 4 gauge I was using. I suspect my voltage was too low. Could low voltage cause the fets to blow?

Anyway the day went by and I think I will just buy a better amp.

I don't want to speed any more money on a ******** burnt amp, my mtx 650 blew 2 months ago on the input IC because of a cheap line-out converter and now this one blew. So I want an amp that will last me longer.

Should I get the Crescendo BC2000D or is there something better for 500?
And how many battery and what brand should I get? (stock alt)

Check and drivers before them located in Vergata of izgorleite resistors. If everything is OK, replace rezitorite and Mosfet. Submit the amplification and in ammeter. Current of +12 volts at rest should not exceed 1.5-2!
If it is larger, obviously has a problem. Verify that no short after rectifying diode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.