IRS2092 Class-D Mono Amplifier Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have a pair of these boards

I hooked up a variable DC power supply like this one rated 0-60V 0-3A but nothing happens... no sound, no clicks, no nothing.

I tried both boards with the same result. So my conclusion is that I am doing something terribly wrong or the boards are DOA. The PSU can supply 50VDC with 3A which should be ok according to the specifications given by certain vendors.

:confused:

Has anyone had any luck with these boards ?

Attachments

• YJ IRS2092 200W Class D Amp Mono Amplifier Board YJ .png
    YJ IRS2092 200W Class D Amp Mono Amplifier Board YJ .png
    365.5 KB · Views: 1,483
These are the Key Parameters for one mono amp.

Power Efficiency: > 90%
Quiescent Supply Current: 20mA
Freq. Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz
Rated Output Power: 200W @ 4 Ohm

Voltage Range: DC +/- 30 ~ 60V
Recommended Voltage: DC +/- 50V ~ 3A

Unfortunately there is nothing else on the www.

I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as I can. Would this one be suitable ? Or would I need two of them to drive the two mono amps ??

thank's

Found this one. It has two output channels 48vDC.

Cincom model CFM201S480
output voltage +48 V (channel I, 4.17A / channel II, 3.13A)

Could this one be ok with both amps ?

Thank's

Amp ratings (one mono amp)
Voltage Range: DC +/- 30 ~ 60V
Recommended Voltage: DC +/- 50V ~ 3A

Attachments

• CFM201S-26342.pdf
    219.6 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
ok, thank's. I will get two of Mean Well RS-150-48 PS's. They are the cheapest I could find in CH.

Thank's for the tips.

Will let you know what they sound like but I think I probably grilled one during the trial period :eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 10.02.06.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 10.02.06.png
    248 KB · Views: 630
  • scRS-150-spec-3.pdf
    414.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Ground on the amp is not the same as ground on the switcher. In the latter case, it is safety ground only. There is no electrical connection between either + or - and ground. However, the ground on the amp is part of the electrical circuit.

Therefore, in order to make a balanced ps out of two switchers, you connect them just as you would with batteries - you connect the + of one with the - of the other. This connection point will then be what you have to connect to the ground of the amplifier. The open plus of one of the switchers will be connected to the + of the amp, the open minus of the other switcher to the - of the amp.

Last edited:
Ground on the amp is not the same as ground on the switcher. In the latter case, it is safety ground only. There is no electrical connection between either + or - and ground. However, the ground on the amp is part of the electrical circuit.

Therefore, in order to make a balanced ps out of two switchers, you connect them just as you would with batteries - you connect the + of one with the - of the other. This connection point will then be what you have to connect to the ground of the amplifier. The open plus of one of the switchers will be connected to the + of the amp, the open minus of the other switcher to the - of the amp.

Like this ?

Attachments

• image1 copy.jpg
    image1 copy.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 525
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.