BTL Bridge?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The TDA7492 can't be configured in PBTL mode.

Even if you could do it that way, what's the point? If you have a 4 ohm speaker, your maximum output power is going to be limited by your maximum 24V supply. If you want more power, get a higher power amp.

The TDA7492 can't be configured in PBTL mode.

Even if you could do it that way, what's the point? If you have a 4 ohm speaker, your maximum output power is going to be limited by your maximum 24V supply. If you want more power, get a higher power amp.

It seems TDA7492 does support PBTL. and you need about 19v for about 100w on a 4ohm load with pbtl setting, which is really convenient because you can use a notebook power supply and get more power than using a tpa3116 with the same power supply, that's what I have read today, maybe going to buy it a tda7492 because I already have some notebook psus.

It seems TDA7492 does support PBTL. and you need about 19v for about 100w on a 4ohm load with pbtl setting, which is really convenient because you can use a notebook power supply and get more power than using a tpa3116 with the same power supply, that's what I have read today, maybe going to buy it a tda7492 because I already have some notebook psus.

19V and 100W for 4R?

I calculate (without clipping) and using full 19V swing (not likely) into 4R you cannot get more than 45W.

Fig 20 shows 20V 4R @1% dist is about 34W. (but says 38W in text)

Could you please help me find the information you have about supporting PBTL for the TDA7492. I cannot seem to find anything in the data sheet.

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resou...df/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00205863.pdf

Or do you mean just hooking the + outputs together and the - outputs together and hope that the channel matching between the two is much better than the +/-1dB listed in the data sheet. If the channels you are paralleling have 2dB difference in gain then they will be fighting each other.

Not recommended.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.