IRS2092 for subwoofer amplifier delivering 500W into 4 ohms?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Class D should run cold at all power levels. If not there is a switching issue. Always over rate the speaker, not the amp. You could cook the voice coil! People always go for maximum power and burn the voice coils.
Can't really agree. Amp is never 100% efficient, so there will be heat, but can be very little of it. Also I wouldn't overrate speaker, nobody buys few times more powerful speaker and send clipped signal from the amp, because it doesn't have enough power. I would (and I always do) have more powerful amp and never drive it into clip, then other way around. you don't need too much power of badly clipped signal, to damage speaker, while you will have harder time doing that with clean signal

considering the IRS2092 for subwoofer application.
Driver rated for 350RMS into 4 ohms hence thinking for using 400RMS into 4 ohms output but with 0.1% distortion at max so what should be the voltage required to drive the chip and also the output?

If you don't even know how to calculate max voltage and required rail voltage, how come you are claiming designing amplifiers at invention audio hyderabad?

If you don't even know how to calculate max voltage and required rail voltage, how come you are claiming designing amplifiers

sorry mr kill master its very important to understand the transient currents not just the voltage and current. Basically you need p=v*i and v^2*r but over a course of time you will come to a conclusion that the current demands are higher than you think.

Sorry we have different power calculations approach than just voltage x current.
We have built the amps which performed much better than many highend amplifiers so rates as the top ones.

its not the solution but the approach will make big difference.

ok tell me why does bus pumping happens in class D and why do pre filter class D amplifiers stint.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.