How do europeans buy amp modules from abroad?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are you sure that you just didn't misread the customs statement?

The total amount of tax is charged as a single € number, on delivery at the front door.
Don't pay the fees, don't get the goods.

Priests write letters, the ones with a blank rap sheet.
My g/f's father was a customs career guy, highest pay grade when he (handsomely) early retired.
When someone died, his usual comment was another AH less.

The total amount of tax is charged as a single € number, on delivery at the front door.
Sure, but there is a customs statement. How else would you know they charged +31%? I'm pretty sure they charged the right amount, it's just you who don't know how to read the statement. Post a copy here, I'll explain it to you. If it really should be wrong, I show you how to write an appeal.

I do not order from outside EU when I can avoid it.

I run a personal business, so I buy most stuff without VAT charges when ordering from EU-based vendors.
That, combined with the weak Euro, makes imports extremely unattractive nowadays.
Products from China (through eBay, Aliexpress etc.) are another matter of course.

When I do have to import, I avoid the courier services mafia (Fedex, UPS etc.) like the plague. Best case scenario: you pay double the item's value, even if you just import a rusty screw or something. And in some cases (depending on their mood, I suppose), you may pay more than the shipment's value.
The simple postal service is less of a gamble. When you do pay import charges, these are in line with what you'd expect (~ 30% of value).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.