Hypex UcD400HG + HxR & Hypex SMPS400A400 Wiring Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone - I'm currently getting ready to build a 3 channel UcD400HG + HxR to feed the center / surround speakers in my setup. I currently have a pair of 400HG+HxR's feeding my L/R speakers (dual mono setup - Hypex Softstart -> (2) TR400's -> (2) HG Mono Supplies -> UcD's. The speakers are Tannoy System 10 DMT ii's.

A few questions I haven't been able to sus out yet despite the great wealth of info here.

The new amp will be a single SMPS400A400 feeding (3) UcD400HG+HxR's. I was told by Hypex that this would be sufficient due to the nature of the surround /center speakers and likely not needing the full output rating at 8 ohms. Does this sound correct? Just looking for secondary verification that in a post production / music mixing setup this will be OK power-wise.

Also - I am currently not planning to utilize the Hypex Soft Start module - is there any way to wire one of the Bulgin momentary LED switches to power on / indicate power without that or a secondary power supply for the LED in the switch?

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer / suggest.

Last edited:
Update: got another SMPS400 and the soft start. Proposed layout below. Does anyone see any issues with this layout or any benefit to another layout? I will attach the UcD's to the case heat sink later - at the moment the aluminum stock will serve as the heat sink for the 3 UcD400HG + HxR's.

Thanks for any input everyone might have!

2015-03-09 23.50.09.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.