Proposal On Single Ended Class-D Subwoofer Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys there is a bit of tricky question arising in my mind,
How about using single ended approach to Class-D amp unlike tube amps?
PLZ refer to the schematic.
The transformer can act as filter as well as impedance matcher.
The Switching frequency could be around 20KHz.

So acc to ur knowledge guys PLZ tell me , If VCC =50V then what is the value of maximum RMS voltage signal that can be obtained in Primary side of transformer ??
ACC to my knowledge it shall be around 17.6VRMS AC Signal, Correct me If i am wrong
PLZ give ur Suggessions.

Attachments

• se.png
    se.png
    693 bytes · Views: 416
Commentable Thoughts

Circlotron said:
amp_man_1, seeing the loudspeaker presents itself as a reactive load, how is a single ended class D cct going to handle this reactive power in the second and fourth quadrant? An easy question for a professional amplifier designer. I am not one, BTW.

MY FRIEND PLZ REFER to schematic if it is visible.because i have problems with uploading the schematics

Audio transformers are not cheap, and regular ones are probably not very linear. So it might produce soft distortion and tube like sound. But maybe it is possible to connect the other side of the speaker to ground and use feedback to correct distortion. Still a suitable transformer might be hard to find.

Also it is probably not a good idea to draw d.c. current through the transformer, that will also produce nonlinearity and power losses.

The main reason for NOT using such a topology is the fact that the main reasons for using class-d become obsolete:

High efficiency and low susceptibility to load variations at the lower end.

The only sensible single-ended class-d usages I can think of are the modulator stage of an AM transmitter or topologies like a BASH amplifier (or the one used within the Audio Physic Strada amp).

Regards

Charles

Commentable Thoughts

phase_accurate said:
The main reason for NOT using such a topology is the fact that the main reasons for using class-d become obsolete:

High efficiency and low susceptibility to load variations at the lower end.

The only sensible single-ended class-d usages I can think of are the modulator stage of an AM transmitter or topologies like a BASH amplifier (or the one used within the Audio Physic Strada amp).

Regards

Charles

PLZ Clarify ur Statement
Regards
Ampman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.