50W+ class D with digital inputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a class D amplifier that has output of between 50W and 100W into 8Ω for a diy project.

I see some nice chips from ST, but their output is too low. Are there any amplifiers I should look at? Many of the options on this forum have analog inputs.

Thank you for the help!!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a class D amplifier that has output of between 50W and 100W into 8Ω for a diy project.

I see some nice chips from ST, but their output is too low. Are there any amplifiers I should look at? Many of the options on this forum have analog inputs.

Thank you for the help!!

Jacob -

The Hifimediy DDX320 SPDIF / Toslink amplifier has been upgraded to version 3 and is now back in stock here:

Hifimediy DDX320v2.3 - 2.1 Digital Amplifier

They're a pretty decent implementation of the STA510 chip and will deliver 65 W into a fairly reactive load (M-L Sequels with x-overs removed) which isn't quite enough to <really> push my large front room to overload - but is sufficient to be pretty satisfying...

Fed by a MiniDSP NanoDIGI they've enough inputs and the NanoDigig has enough routing, EQ, and time delay options that flexibility hasn't been an issue, and there are moments when the system's ability to retrieve low-level details and imaging information can be quite spooky.

No, they've not the clarity or iron control of the better class D modules, but they're stupidly cheap at roughly $120 USD each.

The SMSL Q-5 is another amp in the same class, is not as flexible and hasn't quite the power output, but is pretty affordable @ $100 USD or so.

Cheers

Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.