Digital volume control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good Digital volume control

If you are looking for a good digitally controlled volume control IC you could try kit based on TI PGA2310 - 2320. This family has vanishingly small distortion and better low level matching than you'll get with any expensive pot.... Not affiliated with this company, but heres what a quick search turned up....

Compare Prices on Pga2310 Kit- Online Shopping/Buy Low Price Pga2310 Kit at Factory Price | Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

If you want proper DIGITAL DOMAIN volume control, most TI DACs already have one built in or use a DSP chip....

Last edited:
3 input - it can switch between 3 sources, hence the 3 pairs of RCA inputs.
Supply - a small toroidal transformer with dual 6v windings 15VA would suit.
A few things to watch for -
Study the PGA2310 data sheet for input/output buffer requirements, these ready made boards have no buffers.
These boards come pre-programmed to display the source (similar ones on ebay allow you to specify at time of order the source names "CD", "TV" etc to display on the LCD - not very flexible if your requirements change in the future.
It is not too difficult to build your own using PGA2310/2320 and an Arduino to control (I managed it for a first project with help from the forum).
This means you can rename the sources as your equipment changes, you can program to use an existing remote control (I use amplifier functions on my CD remote).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.