BOYOHO MY1-151PA Single Channel Integrative Class D Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One week before Christmas I received this:

BOYOHO MY1-151PA Single Channel Integrative Class D Power Amplifier 

Data sheet here:
http://media.wix.com/ugd/577775_370582d9003d4a43b6dc41458139f2e8.pdf

Short description:

The digital amplifier module in high efficiency and excellent sound, and switch power supply with high peak power, low electromagnetic interference. The module provides various protecting functions for itself and speakers.
The amplifier adopts patented digital audio processing technology, it has the below advantages:
Self-adaptive erasing noise and distortion
High stability and reliability
Favorable electromagnetic compatibility
Low idle current, high efficiency
Half bridge structure, imbalance output, can be bridged
Second-order Butterworth low pass filter

Power supply is high efficiency switch mode power supply, it has the below advantages:
Soft switch technology
Peak output power vs continuous output power is up to 3:1
Low EMI frequency modulated oscillator
Perfect protection features and automatic restart
110VAC and 220VAC selectable

Other Features
Over heat protection
Thermal output power control
Long term output power control
Output short-circuit, overload protection
Output DC protection
Amplifier under-voltage protection
Temperature controlled fan interface
Mute
Faulty indicate
Mains power selectable

The manufacturer as I said is the Chinese company Boyoho

These modules are based on IRS2092 chip as some modules from Sure, LJM etc.
It came quick from Netherlands. My LJM-Audio Hi-end L20 200W 8R V9.2 Audio Stero Power Amplifier Board with Angle aluminum is still in transit. It is a stereo one and I wait to compare maybe with a stereo Boyoho module.

First impression is that the build quality in on top. Nice structure with a heat sink on the entire bottom.
No exotic components but good standard one.

The module is a mono version. So I don't know what this kind of modules from Boyoho may sound in stereo.

In class D I've listening so far all kind of TI TPA3116D2 modules heavily moded or not and from Tripath the Topping TP60 v1. I had very good results with class D TPA3116D2 powered by SMPS (MeanWell) so I'm very confident in this approach. The included SMPS on this board seems well design and can be an advantage.

My music came from an excellent Audiobyte Black Dragon DAC that include a preamp.
From other source I used a separate pre. Without a pre this module is not as bright.

In listening test the MY1-151PA in really good with no distortion even at high levels. Like other class D module this one sound excelent in mids and very good in heights. No hiss. With a pre became a strong competitor in class D at this power rating.

More critical listening needs to be done and I am looking for a stereo module of this kind.

Attachments

• BoyohoMY1-151PA.jpg
    BoyohoMY1-151PA.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 184
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.