Right Channel shuts off - on two new amps - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2014, 04:19 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Right Channel shuts off - on two new amps

Gents,

Needs some advice. Iím running a Sony DSX-210 HU, with a Power Acoustik RZ4.2000 powering two Infinity Kappa 62.11 (2 ohm) 6.5 speakers on a motorcycle. I was using a RF PBR300X2 with no issues but want to add 2 more speakers so swapped out to the Power Acoustik based on some review from other harley owners.

A few weeks ago I wired the PA, and after a few minutes of pushing the volume my right front channel shut off. I swapped RCAís, speaker wire and no-luck so I sent the amp back to Sonic. A few days ago I got a new amp and the same thing happened. I bought new RCAís, new speaker wire, tried both front and rear RCAís from the HU, tried High level inputs and with either front or rear channels on the amp, it shuts down the right channel when pushed. (protection light does not come on).

I have my gains set to 11 oíclock (about 1/4 turned up). Iím running 4 gauge power to the battery. Had 4 gauge to the frame, but then ran a 10 gauge wire to the battery as well. Iíve tried every way to connect this and no luck...the right channel shuts off. I had no issues with the PBR.

Did I really get TWO bad amps, or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for the help. Im stumped.
Old 28th December 2014, 01:55 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

try switching speakers? sounds like it could be a damaged speaker thats presenting a really low resistance to the amp and putting it into protect.

Hide this!Advertise here!