anaview alc 180-2300 wiring help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of buying two of the aforementioned amp modules and using them in btl mode as a stereo amp.
I do not know much about electronics and was wondering if anyone here could help.
The inputs for the amp will be rca and from the manual it seems straight forward to connect in single ended input mode ie. + and - from the rca connector to the matching connecting pins on the amp board plus the - being also connected to a ground pin on the amp board.
I don't fully understand the diagram for btl mode though.
I know that the + wire from the single rca connector has to split and join both L and R + pins but am not sure whether the - wire from the rca connector simply does not need to be used or whether it has to be connected to all the remaining pins on the amp ie p 10,8, 12 and 7. I would assume the latter. (It is the thick dark horizontal line that is confusing me, does it mean no connection or ground?)
Any help would be appreciated.
I have attached images of the connection diagrams and info that I hope will be useful.

thanks

FD

Attachments

• wiring diagram.jpg
    wiring diagram.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 329
  • input specifications.jpg
    input specifications.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 308
  • signal connector.jpg
    signal connector.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 307

Thanks for the link, I had seen it before, but it seems to differ slightly from the latest schematic from anaview which I posted.
Does that mean gnd Pin 7 and 8 which are usually connected to the - rca terminals when the amp is used in stereo mode are just not connected?
I presume from the different answers I have received that it is not essential.
I am going to order 2 boards and see how I go.
Another couple of questions if anyone knows.

1.Would it be possible to mount these boards on top of one another, provided you clear the top of the bottom most board using nylon spacers by at least 5mm?

2.Can you connect the mains connector of each board to only 1 iec power jack mount or would you need 2?

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks for the link, I had seen it before, but it seems to differ slightly from the latest schematic from anaview which I posted.
Does that mean gnd Pin 7 and 8 which are usually connected to the - rca terminals when the amp is used in stereo mode are just not connected?
I presume from the different answers I have received that it is not essential.
I am going to order 2 boards and see how I go.
Another couple of questions if anyone knows.

1.Would it be possible to mount these boards on top of one another, provided you clear the top of the bottom most board using nylon spacers by at least 5mm?

2.Can you connect the mains connector of each board to only 1 iec power jack mount or would you need 2?

Thanks again for all the help.

I actually got a very quick and concise answer to all my questions from the info division of etal group. Top marks for service!!
If anyone is interested, they said, they can be stacked on top of each other provided there is clearance of at least 4 mm from the top and bottom of the pcb. The bottom of the pcb needs 8mm as the smd components are 4mm as well.
Also I was told simply wiring a volume pot to the inputs would not work very well and a proper preamp/opamp is needed and finally one iec connector.
I am sure most know this already but it was very useful to someone like me who knows very little about electronics.

There a couple of questions I haven't been able to ask as they are now on holiday and was wondering if anyone here can help.
I have looked around this forum and found a couple of people have had similar questions but no answers to the following.

Can the aux power supply be used to power a preamp board?
For the alc 180 on pins 2 3 and 4 there is output voltage of between 7.5vdc and 16 vdc and a ground.
I have found a few preamp boards online such as

lj p7 mini preamplificateur stro aop jrc 4580 d

and

audiophonics module prampli/ampli casque stro aop

However they all require ac voltage. Would it still be possible to use them or is some sort of in/converter needed? Also what does 12/0/12 volts mean?
Is it 12+ volts, 12- volts and a gnd?
I am also assuming so long as the voltage required from the preamp boards falls within the max and min of the voltages supplied from the amp it will be ok?

Both preamp modules need only a transformer to power them: the first needs one with 12-0-12 secondaries and the second needs 15-0-15. Should be easy to find, you don't need bigger than say 10VA.
You can't use the aux supplies from the ALC amp.

Both preamp modules need only a transformer to power them: the first needs one with 12-0-12 secondaries and the second needs 15-0-15. Should be easy to find, you don't need bigger than say 10VA.
You can't use the aux supplies from the ALC amp.

Thanks Draki, that's a great help.
I was really hoping to use the aux supplies from the amp to cut down on components in the enclosure.
Out of interest what could the aux power supplies be used for? Leds?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.