Ebay cheap TDA7498 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds then like you have an amplifier most people would say works.

It is always important to keep in mind what is to be seen as a real flaw (below what can reasonably be expected) and what are improvements that would be appreciated.

If your TDA7498E plays as well as mine, you should not be disappointed with your good speakers on it.

Sounds then like you have an amplifier most people would say works.

It is always important to keep in mind what is to be seen as a real flaw (below what can reasonably be expected) and what are improvements that would be appreciated.

If your TDA7498E plays as well as mine, you should not be disappointed with your good speakers on it.

Further Test will come so in.
;)

TDA7498 Class D Amplifier - developing for first time. need help

I am trying to make subwoofer amplifier. I have purchased below subwoofer speaker and amplifier board Class D - TDA7498. I am using 32V Power transformer. I already tested with one board and the speaker played for 15 min and the board got burned. Want to validate with you guys on what went wrong.

1.The amplifier board output is 150W and the speaker RMS rating is 400W. Will it be an issue ?

2. I am planning to use this amplifier with my receiver. my receiver has mono single subwoofer pre out but the amplifier board has left and right audio input. How do i connect ? just connecting one line to left is enough ?

3. I am using 32V transformer from old amplifier system. not sure on how much Amp it's giving. Need help to find out the Amp using multimeeter

4. What are all the things i have to consider while making subwoofer amplifier ?

Subwoofer Speaker: 4 omhs, RMS 400W

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/boss-c...4-ohm-subwoofer-black/5909413.p?skuId=5909413

Amplifier Board:

Assembled class D amp board TDA7498 subwoofer amplifier board 150W | eBay

I am trying to make subwoofer amplifier. I have purchased below subwoofer speaker and amplifier board Class D - TDA7498. I am using 32V Power transformer. I already tested with one board and the speaker played for 15 min and the board got burned. Want to validate with you guys on what went wrong.

1.The amplifier board output is 150W and the speaker RMS rating is 400W. Will it be an issue ?

2. I am planning to use this amplifier with my receiver. my receiver has mono single subwoofer pre out but the amplifier board has left and right audio input. How do i connect ? just connecting one line to left is enough ?

3. I am using 32V transformer from old amplifier system. not sure on how much Amp it's giving. Need help to find out the Amp using multimeeter

4. What are all the things i have to consider while making subwoofer amplifier ?

Subwoofer Speaker: 4 omhs, RMS 400W

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/boss-c...4-ohm-subwoofer-black/5909413.p?skuId=5909413

Amplifier Board:

Assembled class D amp board TDA7498 subwoofer amplifier board 150W | eBay

1 its ok. the power of the amp is less than the speaker, thats ok. nevertheless i dont think that this speaker has 400W max power....but its fine.

2 Assembled Class D Amp Board TDA7498 Subwoofer Amplifier Board 150W New | eBay
on the other pics you can see the line input, near the volume control. i guess that its ok that you connect both channels to this white connector. (3 pin connector e.g. ......L - GND -R)

3 just the trafo?? please look for some safety reason for a primary fuse !!!!!
is it a single voltage or double voltage trafo ???? e.g. 32VAC - GND -32VAC??

4 e.g. fuse primary, diodes, caps for VDC = Power supply, board , connector, housing (old amp), cables, board, switch

please shoot some pics!

kr
chris

1 its ok. the power of the amp is less than the speaker, thats ok. nevertheless i dont think that this speaker has 400W max power....but its fine.

2 Assembled Class D Amp Board TDA7498 Subwoofer Amplifier Board 150W New | eBay
on the other pics you can see the line input, near the volume control. i guess that its ok that you connect both channels to this white connector. (3 pin connector e.g. ......L - GND -R)

3 just the trafo?? please look for some safety reason for a primary fuse !!!!!
is it a single voltage or double voltage trafo ???? e.g. 32VAC - GND -32VAC??

4 e.g. fuse primary, diodes, caps for VDC = Power supply, board , connector, housing (old amp), cables, board, switch

please shoot some pics!

kr
chris
Of course if the Tx is 32Vac single that is still too much for the chip. The rectified voltage would be 44-45 volts on load and even higher off load depending on the Tx regulation.

The board I have bought is in my country now. Hopefully it'll be in my hand Friday. I'll try to share my impression before and after any mod I do.

Attachments

• 13751185691278329117.jpg
    13751185691278329117.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 406
Intial impression is very good. Treble is very bright though. Board is at the lowest gain at 25.6db. any suggestions for taming the treble?
PC sound card is the reason for very bright treble. At 70% volume it's very clear but not bright. Very very impressed with this little amp. Will add a Rc filter or capacitance multiplier at the output of the cheap PSU later. Thanks to all for all the advice and Suggestions. I will also recieve a lm1875 board tomorow or the day after tomorrow. I will compare the sound quality between these two amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.