Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Ebay cheap TDA7498 boards
Ebay cheap TDA7498 boards
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2014, 09:33 AM   #21
schdrag is offline schdrag  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

now I have received the module:
tested it with a thinkpad notebook power supply (16V): very clear sound, i'm missing the bass (on 4 Ohm subwoofer + satellites). It seems to be a 2.1 mm/5mm socket, so the 2.5/5mm mm plug of the ibm power supply is a bit loose.
AutoTech, 14-39V according to the st-data sheet, but 39V not recommended, there is also another thread on the power supplies here. No hum with my thinkpad power supply, so a good notebook power supply should be ok.

Last edited by schdrag; 18th December 2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 19th December 2014, 02:45 AM   #22
Mobin is offline Mobin  United States
diyAudio Member

I just ordered one thank you for the link
Old 29th December 2014, 04:30 PM   #23
schdrag is offline schdrag  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

In the meantime I have testet this cheap tda7498 module with two 4 Ohm speaker systems: Sony ss-sw1 (passive subwoofer + 2 satellites) and wigo A11 http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/wigo2_a...?language_id=2 (good old German speakers from the 70's, which sounds ok with my TEAC Hifi). The basses are totally missing, probably due to the output filter.
Not suitable to 4 Ohm speakers!

Last edited by schdrag; 29th December 2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 25th March 2015, 12:46 AM   #24
looweebee is offline looweebee  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to looweebee
I bought these from Aliexpress Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th April 2015, 02:49 AM   #25
BennVenn is offline BennVenn
diyAudio Member

Default Homemade eBay TDA7498 portable speakers from 12v

Hi guys,

I finished my PAM8610 portable speaker system and it is good enough for quiet listening but needed a little extra power for the shed, garden etc.

This is my build of my portable speaker system based on the eBay TDA7498 100w x 2 module.

Also included is a modified/homemade SMPS power for powering from 12v Li-Po's.

Take a look Here

Any questions, my email address is on the bottom of the page.

Thanks for looking!
Old 13th April 2015, 08:53 PM   #26
Thor Ra is offline Thor Ra  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Ra View Post
I have one of these on the way too (paid $12.67 during the 11.11 sale on Aliexpress) along with this PSU which I got for $18.65 including shipping. Will be fun to see what such cheap parts can do with my Q Acoustics 2050i speakers.
Btw. the impedance of the speakers is rated 6Ω nominal (4Ω minimum). Does that call for any mods?
I finally got around to test the above amp + psu and thought I would share my initial listening impressions. Compared to the credit card sized Sure TPA3110 and this TPA3116 (unmodded) I have at home also it definitely packs a bigger punch. It's a clear winner in terms of bass and volume. Highs are not as great as my TPA3110/3116's though (at least not without mods), to my ears they are a bit grainier and sharp in comparison. I also have some static noise when the volume knob goes past 1/3. The noise strangely peaks at around 3/4 volume and then decreases a bit when I turn the volume all the way up. I should mention that I have a static noise problem with my TPA3116 amp also and the TDA7498 is actually not worse. Overall I'm quite impressed with what I got for about 30 bucks and I would actually be happy to fire my speakers up with this at a party. For relaxed listening at lower volumes my battery powered TPA3110 is still my preferred cheap class D amp though.
Old 13th April 2015, 10:25 PM   #27
Buehgemeiste is offline Buehgemeiste
diyAudio Member

last weekend we built two new cubo12 for our outdoor party machinery.
that board is a good and inexpensive amplifier for those.
we tried our setup with a smps and got similar noise.
when we hooked sla-batteries to the amp, all noise was gone and the punch was even better.
i'm still not 100% sure with the comparison between TDA749x and TPA311x.
i like both.
but i have to admit that i like the extra-spl that the 7498 provides for my woofers.
Old 15th April 2015, 04:33 AM   #28
gychang is offline gychang  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Ra View Post
I have at home also it definitely packs a bigger punch. It's a clear winner in terms of bass and volume. I also have some static noise when the volume knob goes past 1/3.
very helpful comment, I need little more power with my tda7297 in my bedroom but this is dead silent..., running with my 13V astron linear PS.

I am wondering whether the static will be noticeable about 5 ft away from my speakers (90dB)...
Old 15th April 2015, 09:59 PM   #29
impuls60 is offline impuls60  Norway
diyAudio Member

Look into the RC mod on the analogue power in mod for the tpa3116. Takes care of the hissing noise. It's well described in the tpa3116 thread.
Old 23rd April 2015, 03:57 PM   #30
Kjeldsen is offline Kjeldsen  Denmark
diyAudio Member

will output conductors likethese be better - it's a few bucks more than the cheapest TDA7498 boards.

Tda7498 digital amplifier board 80wx2 d amplifier board high power !-inAmplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Click the image to open in full size.

Ebay cheap TDA7498 boardsHide this!Advertise here!