HELP! Class D amp DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Design amplifier with discrete components.
Design triangle or sawtooth generator with discrete components.
Design comparator with discrete components.
Design fast switching amplifier stage with discrete components.
Design a low pass filter with discrete components.

At the level of this assignment you should be able to do all of the above.
With a small amount of research you will find how to put the above together for your project.

In the process you will learn a great deal.

:)

Thank you guys! I'm really stressed because we don´t know much about amplifiers, the class was just a presentation by the students of the class A, B, AB, C and D amps and after that we got this assigment, I'm having trouble with this and I'm willing to do it in a protoboard, are there any IC for the comparator and the sawtooth generator?

There are loads of comparator ICs - I used an LM311N - have a look at the schematics in the thread.

My triangle generator design is a little unusual (it uses current sources to charge and discharge a capacitor, an extra comparator and a flip flop) but if you google "triangle generator" you can find schematics for doing that using two op-amps - i just found that this didn't work too well at higher speeds, but it depends what you want out of your amp. As a proof of concept, it may be fine.

The hardest bit is going to be the output stage (switches and filter). Does this need to be a working amp or do you just want to simulate it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.