Urgent help needed, messed up position of dual diodes on 41Hz amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Project working on: 41Hz AMP-15PS-XP
Hi all, I don't know if anyone can help here but I took my eye off the ball for a second and soldered these components: Diode U-fast Ser 2x8A 200V TO-220
where I should have soldered some power mosfets. They looked identical save the inscription on the underside.
I have the mosfets, but the dual diode TO-220 (two off) I'm going to have to cut off the board as they're near impossible to desolder especially as they're so near other components and have three legs.
I have a friend in the electronics industry who looked them up only to tell me that the original part is now obsolete, but there is an alternative and ONLY this one will be OK.
FEP16DTD.
Can anyone help?
41Hz's site was hacked and now completely gone. So I'm faced with trying to attach them in their proper place but I'll have to extend the tails, and I don't know if they've got damaged with all the effort trying to remove them.
Please help if you can.
Thanks

Three legs should be easy to remove. I use a solder sucker; other people prefer to use a wick. Part of learning how to solder is learning how to de-solder. The trick is to apply just enough heat to soften the solder but not enough to cook the component. Do some practice on something unimportant first.
Use plenty of flux, it helps to clean the joints.

Thanks for your help guys, I have in fact soldered hundreds of components and desoldered many, but I had extra trouble with these due to the proximity to other components and the fact that they had three legs, in the end I took it to an electronics guy who has a braid that worked (mine just seemed to float on top of the solder).
When in doubt get a professional!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.