Hypex SMPS1200 Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Account Closed
Joined 2001
None, wrong voltage.

The SMPS400 is fit for them. How many? I dunno, supposidly 6, but I'd just contact Hypex.

Incorrect. The SMPS1200A180 (lower voltage) version is perfectly fine for the UcD180 modules.

Probably six modules. But it could be more depending upon the load distribution on the various amplifier modules. Eight would most likely be fine.

Dave.

Last edited:
Account Closed
Joined 2001
There's nothing wrong with their PDF's.

The SMPS1200A180 is spec'd at +/-46VDC and the UcD180 modules are designed for voltages between +/-30VDC and +/-50VDC. It's a perfectly acceptable combination.
I tested an SMPS1200A180 module a few months back so I know of what I speak. :)

Dave.

Last edited:
SMPS1200 Vaux power supply fault problems

Question: anybody run into the issue that when you inadvertently short Vaux (either polarity) in unregulated mode it instantly kills the source? Seems there is absolutely no overcurrent protection at all. If you accidentally do this in a completed amp project (like with nCores), you're done - you have to replace the entire SMPS unit. :mad:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.