Class D Sub Amp with balanced input/output - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2014, 01:47 AM   #1
AlCapwn is offline AlCapwn  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Class D Sub Amp with balanced input/output

Hi DIYAudio, I have spent the last few days going through hundreds of threads and looking at other websites and still have not gone anywhere so I decided to make a new thread.

My goal is build a subwoofer with a Dayton Reference Woofer (10" or 12") sealed box with a Class D Amp for just the subwoofer that also has 2 balanced inputs/outputs (of course with an adjustable crossover point).

Something exactly like this sans plate amp form factor.
Click the image to open in full size.

My current setup includes some M-Audio BX8a Deluxes and a ProFire610 Interface. I want to be able to plug my XLR/TRS from my interface into my sub, and then from the sub to the BX8's; eventually I'm also going to make my own monitors to replace the BX8's.

I don't know if I need a variation of a rack-mount active crossovers, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with any form of EQ, instead having just an adjustable crossover point and balanced XLR ins/outs. I have also seen some ESP designs and they seem close but not exactly what I'm after.

EDIT: I believe I have been able to solve my issues by re-designing an already built class A amp that I've had semi completed for a while now, admins may delete this thread.

Last edited by AlCapwn; 8th October 2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Updated Info

Hide this!Advertise here!