RFP50N06 bad quality, cheap ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM   #1
partyd is offline partyd  United States
diyAudio Member

Default RFP50N06 bad quality, cheap ?

Hello everyone First post
Is there a bad cheap mosfets ? I'm trying to repair 2 Earthquake amplifiers 200 DHC, and not having any luck,

The first one was burn all 8 mosfets, the amplifier didn't turn on at all there was nothing showing on my power supply needles, I replace all the RFP50N06
and now there is a short, I check all the connections remove them one by one and the short still there, when I remove the last mosfet no more short

So after 2 hours I move to the next amplifier, this one turns on the load was high almost 20 amps, I open the amplifier and the transistors for the channels are burn only 4 I remove them and the amplifier turn on there is no more load
and notice that 3 RFP50N06 in the power supply are burn crack, so I replace 3 new RFP50N06 and now I have a short, and the amplifier is not turning on anymore, I remove them one by one, until the last one is out and the amplifier turn on.

Do I have bad RFP50N06 ? they are from ebay RFP50N06
the new ones have the F logo on the mosfets FAIRCHILD
the originals are Harris

Thank you for any input you can give me

Hide this!Advertise here!