TDA74xx vs TPA31xx for single supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To my ears TPA3116 sounds great in all areas except in bass, so long as attention is paid to proper amounts of decoupling of its various power pins. No experience with TDA7498 but from the DS the internals and external topology do look to be rather similar between ST and NXP on their range of classD chips. NXP's TDA8932 does the bass brilliantly so chances are the 7498 will too but this is just an educated guess. TDA8932 does not do the HF as well as TPA3116 - I only use it up to around 3kHz.

To my ears TPA3116 sounds great in all areas except in bass, so long as attention is paid to proper amounts of decoupling of its various power pins. No experience with TDA7498 but from the DS the internals and external topology do look to be rather similar between ST and NXP on their range of classD chips. NXP's TDA8932 does the bass brilliantly so chances are the 7498 will too but this is just an educated guess. TDA8932 does not do the HF as well as TPA3116 - I only use it up to around 3kHz.

I notice there are no commercial TDA8932 kit on sale at Ebay, there is however TDA8920 for sale, have you tried this chipset before, if so how do you rate it in terms of bass performance, I like to use it to drive the bass section.

I notice there are no commercial TDA8932 kit on sale at Ebay,

Aliexpress has a small board - although the vendor hides the fact its a TDA8932. I bought some and can confirm it really is the 8932. Here's the link - 35w mini hifi high power digital amplifier board tda2030a high fidelity low power-inOther Consumer Electronics from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

there is however TDA8920 for sale, have you tried this chipset before, if so how do you rate it in terms of bass performance, I like to use it to drive the bass section.

Not used myself no.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.