Hypex UCD - buffer or not

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I´m building a Najda DSP box, which has the capability of 6VRMS output. After the outputs, I´m using THAT 1646 SE->BAL converters, which gives 6db gain. Due to 8.5v power supply to the THAT chips, I doubt I will get more than 10VRMS output from the THAT chips.

The Najda uses a CS3318 volume control.

I have a 6 channel UCD amp that I might reuse, adding two more channels to get 8 channels output.

The maximum voltage output I can imagine needing is about 40VRMS due to woofer dipole compensation of my speakers (Linkwitz Orions).

So I´m wondering what´s the ideal way to get a good gain structure: Should I leave the UCDs the way they are, and output lower signal levels from the Najda DSP, or should I increase the output from the Najda and lower the gain on the Hypex side?

A third option would be to bypass the differential gain stage, leaving me with the bare UCD stage after the THAT1646 chips (4.5x gain).

I´m measuring a maximum of 4mv DC on the outputs between hot and cold.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.