MKIII TA2020 Help Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a MKIII Tripath TA2020 AMP from Arjen Helder and have not been able to contact him. I would like to swap the feedback resistors to an 82k or 100k ohm resistor for use with my iPhone, but don't know where they are on the board. A friend of mine will be doing the soldering for me, but I wanted to be able to show him exactly which resistors should be replaced. I have attached a pic of the amp. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• MKIII TA2020 AMP.jpg
    MKIII TA2020 AMP.jpg
    752.8 KB · Views: 92
Argen Helder

I had an email message from Arjen last month and he has relocated to another country in Southeast Asia. He is no longer is China. In his message he stated he had a depleted inventory and was debating what to do about his business.

I suggest that you try to email him regarding your question. It took Arjen a little more than a month to reply to my query. I have no idea it the delay was based on his new circumstance. However, in the past, Arjen has always been responsive.

There are other viewers of this website that may be able to answer your question.

I think I might have found the correct resistor. It looks like most people say to swap the 20k resistor in the R5 and R6 spots to an 82k or 100k. However on this amp there looks to be only one 20k resistor in the R6 spot and nothing in the R5 spot. I do see another 20k resistor in the R9 and R10 spots. I'm just not sure which resistors are the feedbacks and which are the inputs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-04-19-03-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-04-19-03-35.png
    619.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.