Almost no sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there

I have recently built a stereo for use at a festival. It's 12V driven by the Pioneer GM-D8604(GM-D8604 - Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier | Pioneer Electronics USA). The problem is however, that my hornloaded woofer(Fane International Ltd Loud Speakers) is almost silent. I would assume that as the amp can deliver 300W RMS(4 ohms) the woofer(8 ohms) would recieve about 150W RMS. Shouldn't that be enough to at least make quite a bit of sound? I am considering buying a mono-block amp beside the Pioneer just to power the sub. What do you think?

Hello there

I have recently built a stereo for use at a festival. It's 12V driven by the Pioneer GM-D8604(GM-D8604 - Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier | Pioneer Electronics USA). The problem is however, that my hornloaded woofer(Fane International Ltd Loud Speakers) is almost silent. I would assume that as the amp can deliver 300W RMS(4 ohms) the woofer(8 ohms) would recieve about 150W RMS. Shouldn't that be enough to at least make quite a bit of sound? I am considering buying a mono-block amp beside the Pioneer just to power the sub. What do you think?

I'm assuming from reading the specs ,you are using the amp in Bridge mode .
You must have miss wired the speaker output or something .
Give it a try in normal ( non bridged mode on one channel) and see if it gives any output and if it does , have a look at the user manual how to connect your speaker and input in bridge mode .
Make sure your power supply can handle 33 Amps !

Cheers ,

Rens

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.