Possible? digital in -> Behringer iNuke

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am a -- mostly -- happy owner of several Behringer iNuke NUxxxx series amps (4 so far). I have had one fatality (a NU6000) in about three years of (ab-)use. I had modded it (quiet fans) and am not sure if that was a factor. But in any case...

As good a deal as the iNuke is, it does not have digital inputs. How easy, or is it even possible, would it be to route a digital input into the amp? First, let me say this is way above my capability to build or design. But seems like it would be a good project for you propeller heads here :boggled:

So please, somebody build me one!

If it's a DSP version...

- take it apart, find the ADC chip for the audio input
- figure out the ADC data format - is it I2S output format, LJ/RJ DSP format, # of bits per frame, etc.
- disconnect the data line going from ADC->DSP, you'll be substituting your digital input here.
- figure out appropriate power supply rails, clocks, reset signals, etc that you'll need for the digital input circuit. You'll end up tapping resistors, vias, etc...
- knock a hole in the case for whatever data format you're feeding in, install a panel mount connector.
- bodge on a suitable digital input circuit.

Got a multichannel oscilloscope? You'll need it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.