connexelectronic irs2092 kit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2014, 09:51 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default connexelectronic irs2092 kit

Hey guys,

Anyone built/is familiar with the irs2092 kit from connexelectronic? Id really like to get some opinions on it before i pull the trigger. Seems like an amazing deal, but how does it sound?

I pmed cristii over a week ago with some questions but he seems to have vanished

Connexelectronic
Old 24th May 2014, 11:07 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I've searched from time to time but never found measurements. It seems safe to conclude Connexelectronic did a layout shrink of IRAUDAMP7. Some posts by Christi could be read as stating the BOM isn't too heavily cost reduced from IRF's reference design. So I'd figure probably IRAUDAMP7 performance best case. And whatever amount of derating one wants to apply for the lack of measurements, publication of an illegible .jpg instead of .pdf manual, lack of support (my response rate from Connex is one out of three so far), and so on as a most likely case.

Through hole, pre-filter feedback mid-fi is nothing special. If I was going to buy an IRS2092 board I'd try for one of Choco's possible SystemD LiteAmp boards first.
Old 25th May 2014, 01:24 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thats unfortunate...

Most of the feedback on this forum about connexelectronic products has been positive...
Im still hoping for some info from someone who actually has the kit or has heard it.

Are there any other cheap 2092 kits out there? Good quality ofcourse...Its my understanding the for the best price/performance ratio, irs2092 (and class d in general) is the way to go.
Old 25th May 2014, 02:15 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

All of IRF's reference designs are pre-filter second order hysteresis modulators and most are through hole. With ~350ns propagation delay and fairly granular dead time adjustment the IRS2092 is actually one of the less performant controllers around. Cost effective, certainly. Good quality, well that depends on one's definitions and how the part's used.

You might look at the L15D, L20, L25D lineup from ljm_lhm; they're also IRAUDAMP7 clones but as I recall some characterization data is available here on DIYA.
Old 25th May 2014, 02:22 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

What would be a better cost/performance option than the irs2092?
Old 25th May 2014, 02:27 AM   #6
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

Connex is not highly regarded... by those that have bought their products.
Caveat Emptor applies.
Old 25th May 2014, 02:44 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Not many other options for audio SMPSes though. A few series LLC magnetics are now available in DIY quantity. But it's hard to DIY competitively with Connexelectronic's prices---the PCB and magnetics alone cost me ~65% of a complete SMPS300RE.

@goocher, you might look at how Choco's using the part in the LiteAmp.

Last edited by twest820; 25th May 2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 25th May 2014, 04:07 AM   #8
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

IRS2092K Kit manual is available and send to all who purchased at least one kit. When I will consider necessary will be available online too. the unreadable .jpg is the screenshot of some pages of the manual. If I wouldn't have had at least two fraud attempts from buyers who got the kit then try to get the money back the manual would be public available. thanks to them not to me.
If someone had asked me any information about this kit or any other module by email, I replied unless it was asking for a bargain. If I was asked on the forum PM, don't be sure I reply, is not the official way to contact me. PM is most of the time full and many of the messages are ballast. send me a mail with short questions and I will reply in reasonable time.
Don't expect that anyone who build it and is working fine to post something positive soon, they have no motivation. wait till someone get stuck into something and will start sharing their "negative experiences". I sold over 150 kits already and is about time that someone will start complaining. this is DIY, what the fruit....

Last edited by Cristi; 25th May 2014 at 04:10 AM.
Old 25th May 2014, 04:13 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Check my implementation of IRAUDAMP7, I designed it with DIYers perspective in mind. All through hole, onboard speaker protect, scalable power, more compatible aftermarket inductors, and easier to find compatible heatsinks.
Old 25th May 2014, 04:16 AM   #10
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twest820 View Post
You might look at the L15D, L20, L25D lineup from ljm_lhm; they're also IRAUDAMP7 clones but as I recall some characterization data is available here on DIYA.
such kind of posts are making me to not answer. comparing any of my products with these are insulting and the comparison can only be done by ppls who don't really have much idea about class D or electronics in general. I wish to see a product manual for any of these, except using the manual of the original IRAUDAMP7 which most of the clones are referring too.
When someone buy some kit from some chinese manufacturer over ebay, no problem that it has no manual, no instructions or at most an unreadable schematic and scrambled BOM, was cheap....
really ? how much ? check the price of this kit http://connexelectronic.com/product_...roducts_id/143 and compare with those. don't forget about the power level and aditional features which are a must in a properly designed class D amplifier.

Last edited by Cristi; 25th May 2014 at 04:20 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!