Chassis Grounding Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I'm getting ready to build a Class D amp using a Sure TDA7498 board in a Hammond aluminum enclosure. I have all the necessary components, from the power supply/transformer to the on/off switch. I know how to put together, but I am concerned about chassis grounding with the panel RCA jacks and the panel Binding Posts (speakers). The connectors have their isolating washers, but what about between washer and washer, there is an exposed part of the connector that might touch the chassis. Is this issue addressed by just making the mounting hole ID somewhat bigger that the connectors threaded spigot OD, and centralizing well the connector??? Any tips will help.

Thanks for your reply! The connectors came with such washers, I got confussed as the RCA jack shoulder washers only have integrated OD insulation equivalent to a finger nail in thickness, I didn't noticed it until up and close inspection of the washer. The banana binding posts have much more insulation, almost as thick as the enclosure wall, which is a good thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.