noobie Sure TDA7498 to power supply question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day people.
I've been a bit bored and decided to take a stab at putting together an amp based on the Sure TDA7498 board. I ordered a combo on the auction site that includes a Meanwell 36v 350 watt power supply. The board has connection points for the pwr supply wiring as well as a female jack to accept a 5mm male plug.

I think I have to use either a ac/dc converter type pwr supply or wire directly from the MeanWell supply. Can I use the power supply I ordered and wire a 5mm plug to it then use the female jack on the amp board? I don't think what I'm asking will work, but just need someone with more experience to correct or affirm my simple brain.

Thanks in advance.

How are you liking your TDA7498? I spent the whole day getting ready a Hammond 12" x 10" x 3" enclosure with the proper cutouts for power and on/off switch, holes for the rca and binding posts connectors, and screw holes to install the amp board and the regulated power supply. I tested the board first with an 18VDC transformer I had from an old set of JBL PC speakers that I had lying around, hooked my Iphone and played Pandora, and it sounded pretty good, then I connected the board to the 36VDC regulated PS, and what a great sound, much better than using the 2.5A 18VDC PS.

Tomorrow I will spend the day assembling the amp and building a pair of hybrid OB bookshelf speakers.

guangui - I haven't tried the amp just yet. I tried something similar to you and tried using a power supply from my Lepai 2020 t-amp, but the dc connector wasn.t the correct size. I need to pick up some of the screw type terminals so I can get everything connected. I'm not sure what the deal is, the specs for both the Lepai and the TDA7498 show a 5.5mm x 2.5mm dc connector size which doesn't appear to be correct. A minor problem but frustrating.

guangui - I spent about 20 minutes trying to get the DC connector into the amp board. I thought maybe the center pin was either too large to fit in the barrel, but it seems like the barrel is actually a mm to large to fit the female jack.

It also looks like there are some "tabs" in the female part that might be keeping the barrel from going in. Or, perhaps the power converter jack is the wrong size even tho it fits the Lepai amp smoothly. Beats the heck outta me.

I tried again to get the power supply barrel connector in the female end. It looks like maybe the center pin on the female side is too large. Either that or it's bent out of alignment. I think the O.D. is correct. Not sure which way to convert if the pin is too big. It would need 5.5 x 2.1mm male connector, or larger than 2.5 on the pin? Crap, now I'm confused.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.