Rockford Fosgate t3001bd issues

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone i have a rft3001bd that my friend asked me to help him with.I received the amp with all the p/s fets blown and two of the irfp260 on the output section(q404,q411) blown.

i have replaced all the drivers for the psu fets and installed two irfp064n on each rail and isolated the two outputs from the circuit that was damaged.

i powered up the psu section without connecting the red and blue hv wire and got 150 vdc.

after confirming that none of the drivers on the output sides were bad (checked all the diodes and compared readings on both channels as suggested by perry in another thread) i connected the hv wire to the output section and the amp powers on and idles at about 7amps

now my problem...the output inductor is hissing in tune with the input and resistor 465 gets so hot it starts to smoke a bit.

when an 8 ohm speaker is connected i get audio but its not clean and i cannot leave it on too long because the resistor (465) is red hot.

can you guys give me some help with this one.

oh i already emailed fosgate for the schemes hope they send me by tomorrow.

update i just checked from u100 to u107 on pins 4 and 8 i get the + and - 15 volts and on pins 1 and 7 i get clean audio.also the + and - six volts regulator is ok.and i get 10 volts on both sides of a 2.7 ohm resistor that feeds the driver ic.so i guess all the regulators are ok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.