41hz kits assembly instructions needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have got my hands on both an Amp4 and an Amp5 kit.

Support from 41hz seems to be dead, which i didn't realise at the time of placing the order. He still sells kits, but doesn't answer emails or provide any information on how to build them.

Can anyone help me out with assembly instructions for Amp4 & Amp5?

Thx

anything, especially the schematic. Thanks!
Oh schematic, I have that, you are in luck :D

For pictures, there is thread of mine here... and also you can see pictures from my site. And for any questions you have, I could check on the amp itself, top side anyway

Attachments

• AMP7_1.25_BOM_SHORT.pdf
    13.7 KB · Views: 65
  • AMP7_1.25_BOM_LONG.pdf
    28.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Components_BOTTOM_AMP7_1.25.pdf
    8.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Components_TOP_AMP7_1.25.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 52
  • design_note_amp7.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Schematics_AMP7_1.25.pdf
    72 KB · Views: 74
PS5-B infos needed!

Hi there, had the bad idea to say a friend "yeah I can build a 41Hz kit to you".
Sadly at that time I was not aware of which nightmare I did step in...

So for now, as I got one rectifier, one TO92 and... that's all I wonder what is missing and what goes where.
First JP2 pins, I guess the 2 is +5V from HMute, but the second? 1 to the GND of the HMute led? No loop or such? or left open? (grounded seems).
The rectifier is the rectifier, D5 OK.
For R21 and R20 (100K and 1K), I have spare 1/4W metal, is it OK?
R100 is unknow... may start with 1K, no idea at all! Relays are Potter & Brumfield RTD14048 (good for audio?)
The single TO92 I have is BS170A, but is it Q1 or Q2 or both so have to buy one?
DZ1 just anyhting saying "zener 9V"?

How to make few parts annoying to death, 41Hz... @#!
Or maybe leave that away and let the speakers live a risky life ;)
Thanks for any input guys!

Matthieu

ps: drawing from PS5-A but that is the same on B's.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2014-05-25 à 21.55.53.png
    Capture d’écran 2014-05-25 à 21.55.53.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Hi there, let's be optimistic and ask for help.
An happily used Truepath (TA3020) suddenly exhibit a loud buzzing noise wich cover more than half the music. In the meantime the overvoltage sense has become very sensitive to mains voltage change (linear psu).
Does that speak to someone? All voltage rails OK, unmute is fine for nomal mains voltage... but that buzzing wich come after say 1 sec and is not source volume related ( always loud ) and on both channel. No DC offset at all.
Or maybe the TA3020 does fry?

Thanks
Matthieu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.