Amp6-basic - faulty channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I screwed up somewherealong the way building my amp.

One channel works perfectly, but the other is very weak and only the high frequencies are coming through.

Any hints as to where i should look and what values i can measure on my board to find the faulty component or bad solder joint?

Pictures of my board

Sorry, iPhone camera. quality not that great and the same can be said about my soldering...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image[1].jpg
    image[1].jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image[2].jpg
    image[2].jpg
    537.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image[3].jpeg
    image[3].jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 64
  • 396363-amp9-basic-amp6-sneeky-assembly-instructions-amp6_basic_1.20_schematic.pdf
    26.3 KB · Views: 42
Possibly the inductor, which is usually the prime suspect when only one channel is working, and looking at your pictures the one on the right looks to be a little lean.
Test the connection first by pressing on the inductor while playing to see if that makes a difference, then test connection between component and pad with a multimeter, and then go in with the iron and use flux, if you didn't use flux initually then that would be the reason that you don't connect the first time, which is actually easy because the inductors are big and suck a lot of heat and you bend up with a cold joint.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.