TDA7297 and Karlsonator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But I'm not strictly high efficiency because of solar charging and for environmental reasons but because energy efficiency is the only way our civilization can have a future. Using 4-5 (or in the case off class A amp 100) times more energy than is needed is a wasteful practice that should be eliminated where ever possible. And what better way to start than by the things you use in your own home.

Well, I wonder how much energy your computer uses compared to a TDA7297? I know my laptop needs a fan, yet my little 7297 can provide all day serious listening levels while remaining at room temperature.
I leave the 7297 on 24/7 and it has the advantage of not emitting FM polluting RFI.
Cheap inefficient speakers are what draws the juice, mine draw only .085wrms each. Anyway, we use Hydroelectric power up here in friendly Quebec.

I wasn't sure where to post this and hope I haven't broken any rules regarding posting in 2 forums.

I've built a new stereo comprising a TDA7297 amp and a 12AU7 Valve Cmoy Headphone for preamp. The speakers are a pair of foam core Karlsonators with TB W3-881SJF drivers.
It is really quite remarkable how remarkable this little little set-up sounds.
It was great fun to build- hope you enjoy it :D

cheers

Just ran into this thread!, I have a TDA7297 amp and have W3-881SJF speakers looking for a cabinet.

I have modded the amp per excellent guide here: TDA7297 Build Guide and I am very interested in building Karlsonator, where can I get detailed information for the speakers?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/239338-mini-karlsonator-0-53x-dual-tc9fds.html

My latest driver is the 3FE25. Sounds awesome and has 91dB sensitivity for $19 ea.

439061d1411026705-mini-karlsonator-0-53x-dual-tc9fds-karlsonatpr-0.40x-3fe25-avg.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.