TPA3116 with Potentiometer and switch combined

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, I have a finished TPA3116 board that looks exactly like this board:

Free Shipping 2.1 TPA3116 Hifi Class D Digital Amplifier Board 100W + 50W + 50W 50mA 12V 25V-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

What I was hoping to do is combine the power switch and the volume potentiometer into one for the case I'm putting it in. My question is, on my amp, I see three prongs coming off the power switch. I assume one is negative, one positive and one ground. I was hoping to use this:

5 Pcs 500KB B500K Pot Potentiometer 15mm on Off Switch | eBay

but it only has two terminals for power. Would I just need to find out which contact on the current board is ground and just not use it? Or do I need to find another potentiometer. Thanks for your help!

Also, I assume taking off the current power switch shouldn't harm the board.

Thanks for the reply!

Here are some pictures I took:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

To me it looks like all three prongs are coming in contact with the board? But basically, you're saying if I find out which one is positive and negative, that I should just connect the positive and the ground to the new potentometer?

One more question I had regarding the potentometer I'm using instead, is it has 3 prongs on the bottom for volume control which I'm used to. However, on the board, there are 6 connection points? Can I just use the 3 connection points on the board closest to the edge to connect the potentometer? Here's an image of the underside of the board:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for your help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.