Connex Electronics IRS2092K Kit no documentation - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th January 2014, 04:45 PM   #1
natb is offline natb  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Connex Electronics IRS2092K Kit no documentation

Anyone got any documentation for this kit?

It's this one here:

Connexelectronic

no docs on the web site as far as I can see (though I can find docs for other boards), and Connex won't send me the info (the guy claims he's already sent it so won't resend - not very helpful - and I'm beginning to suspect there isn't any documentation - and it took 6 weeks to arrive..).

I've got a useless kit here without it.

I'm about ready to junk it and buy something better from ebay.

I tried looking on the forums both here and on Connex site, but all seem to be defunct/empty - company going under/having problems maybe?

Thanks in advance,

natb
Old 27th January 2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

I've sent 6 emails in total from two addresses. still claim that none of them received. Opened a dispute when the parcel was already in UK and few days later was received. I gave you the tracking nr as soon as the parcel was registered, both by email and added to your account. Yet you claim that never got the tracking info. once you got the parcel still refused to close the dispute and try to find other reason to win and get the cash back. I still send you the emails with manual, even updated BOM on paypal comment window. same result.
After I won the dispute you had opened again. now you hold my money, you wrote some insulting comments and say that the manual doesn't exist. I even sent you an assembled board just need to be soldered and in exchange for this you start making troubles and insulting me. emails are not lost unless deleted on purpose or banned/add to spam my address.
I noticed that this is the first and most often excuse used by everyone who complains about anything. I didn't got your mail, you didn't answer my mail, etc. aren't available some fresh excuses, please ??? while I know very well what's one reaction when he doesn't receive a mail I definitely make sure I won't miss it unless is spam.

I decided that the manual to not be public because there are too many details which i'm not willing to reveal for copy-pasters yet and those who buy at least one module will get the manual. Since I started to sell this kit I din't noticed someone else complaining that doesn't have the manual.
I will resend you the manual when you will provide a valid email address, and you will release the money. right now you have the product and probably the money too since I don't. Why you need to junk it instead of sending back ? or just want to keep the money and claim that was thrown. wouldn't be fair ?

The company is not down and have no problems with anyone else, anyone else who bought something recently can confirm.
Watch the attachemt, first 8 pages from the manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manual.JPG (484.4 KB, 450 views)

Last edited by Cristi; 27th January 2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention
Old 28th January 2014, 12:58 AM   #3
natb is offline natb  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks for posting here - I had assumed you had abandoned the forum since the connex section I found whilst searching for some documentation on this amp seemed to be closed down.

No insults intended, though I can't say I'm not becoming quite frustrated by this.

While I had no wish to trawl through all this, especially not in a public forum, you've raised some points that I feel the need to respond to - at least we have a dialogue going.

Paypal dispute was closed 25th January. I can't say for certain whether it's you or paypal who has the money, but it's definitely not me, and I haven't had it since I placed (and paid for) the order on 19th November. On 2nd January, 44 days after the order was placed, I still had not received the board and parts, and since Paypal have 45 day claim limit, I raised the claim for non delivery. When it did arrive (7th of Jan), I discovered documentation had not been received so I asked you to send it (or send it again, if you had already). I wrote:

"11/01/2014 10:49 GMT - Buyer: Hi - still no data received. I've checked back through previous emails and can see invoice and a few other things from connexelectronic (4 emails in total) but none with attachments or the information about the circuit, so unless this was sent from/to a different email address, I'd have to conclude the email was never received. Please would you email the data (or email again, if you're sure it was initially sent) or make available on a share somewhere. The board is not any use without the info. I appreciate the partial board stuff, but I'd want to check it against the diagram and bom since it's untested (since it's unsoldered), and there are some parts not fitted ( a few transistors and a capacitor). It's now nearly 2 months since I placed the order and without the data I can't do anything with this board, so I'd appreciate if you could send the data asap. Regards."

Your entire response was:
"11/01/2014 12:48 GMT - Seller: Parcel received,mails are sent, what else you expect to releasemy money "

Since I still had not received any docs, so paypal was involved with the claim, my appeal being on the grounds that the item was not much use without the documentation, but on 25th Jan, paypal found in your favour because the documentation constituted "virtual or intangible items" and was therefore "not eligible for the dispute resolution process". In the context of a kit of parts, the documentation would seem somewhat vital, but that's paypal policy, so there we go - so I believe you DO have the money, and I have no further recourse through payal, and searches led me here posting to try to get a copy of the documents.

The BOM you posted to the paypal system, as I told you through that system, was largely truncated due to paypal dispute resolution message limit.

I did receive the tracking info - your point about that was, I think, that you had let me know about a shipping delay, but the message only said:
"reposted with SE post after a failed attempt to send with china post tracking nr RE644155841SE", which was somewhat cryptic, and that email arrived on 10th December, (order placed 19th November!), so I didn't associate it with anything at the time nor pay much attention to it - but I did find it when I searched, and (as I said) a couple of other emails from you (about the inital order and account access), but none with attachments or documents. Plus the tracking details on the SE number has almost no details - including no delivery address - it could have been anything going anywhere. Regardless, at day 44, I still would have raised a paypal dispute due to 45 day claim limit as I stated during initial dispute but I explained that already.

Above, you wrote that:
"I noticed that this is the first and most often excuse used by everyone who complains about anything. I didn't got your mail, you didn't answer my mail, etc."

From which, it sounds like this is not the first email issue you've encountered.

Since email attachments from you don't seem to reach me for some reason, could you put the doc on a file share somewhere? google drive or dropbox can use obfuscated URL, so not any bigger security issue than emailing it. Or stick it on an FTP somewhere and mail me the password. I have received emails from your gmail account, as I wrote above, just none with any attachments or documentation (and not recently either).

Look at it from my point of view - you took 6 - 7 weeks to deliver the hardware, and over two months after placing the order, I still don't have the documentation - what is it that needs an 'excuse' as you put it?

Obviously, I can't comment as to whether you sent the docs or not, but just that I haven't received them. I promise you, I've searched. If you sent from alternate email address, and if it's not got connexelectronc somewhere in it, your your name, then it may have gotten re-filed somewhere that my search terms can't reach - but I've spent a long time looking manually too.

Regards.
Old 28th January 2014, 06:33 AM   #4
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

Obviously the part which I considered insulting was left behind.
Seems that there is no way out from this trouble. I just got an email from Paypal, they closed the dispute in my favour, but the payment is still held for 180 days because you opened two disputes not just one and is very possible that you will not stop here. After 180 days there are some chances to get the money. I'm not going wait 180 days as well you will not going to wait that long till you will get the manual, so send it back I will refund you. this is a quote from paypal message: "I would advise you to hold all the supporting documents till the deadline of 180 days."
So now you got the email with tracking info, in the same email the manual was attached.
Anyway is obvious that you don't need it, you already stated this twice. I found it disappointing to act this way if you changed your mind. You could simply tell me that no need, send it back and i will return the value paid for the board. I had customers acting fair for much higher amount than 38 usd + shipping. You have my address, send it back. once arrives I will return you the cost of the board if was not used or damaged.
Then you can search better one on eBay. Once you found a better one, with better performance/price ratio, let me know, I don't want to overcharge other buyers if my product is not up to one's expectations.... Fortunately you're the first to complain about this board since I've made it and sell.
Most of the troubles are with buyers who buy stuff worth <50-60$. These guys probably have enough time and nothing better to do just troubles, so I'm not going to continue. I expect to receive back the board asap so I can refund you. make sure you won't forget anything. You have my address on your mails, as well as on paypal transaction details.
Old 28th January 2014, 11:40 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Petty

Petty we have to read this kind of discussions on the forum
Don't think it belongs in "class D" or even in "everything Else"
Can understand both parties , but hey ...
Must say I have excellent experience with Connexelectronics .

Cheers ,

Rens
Old 29th January 2014, 02:55 AM   #6
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

IMO increasingly common to receive Shippings out of China late.. as they have become genuinely problematic since the autumn crackdowns.
A couple of My orders out of there came via Swedish post. Resulting in a circuitous route traveling two thirds of the circumference of the planet.
But Hey! it was a 'shipping included' price.
Can't cheat an Honest man.. can you ?
Caveat Emptor Kids :-)
Old 29th January 2014, 01:54 PM   #7
dewardh is offline dewardh  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordata View Post
Me too . . .
Old 29th January 2014, 05:05 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordata View Post
Me three!
Old 29th January 2014, 08:16 PM   #9
midyim is offline midyim  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Ditto

Ditto above...no issues with Cristi
Old 2nd February 2014, 04:36 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I sell software on ebay and have seen most scenarios.
However I send out the software same day or next day to ensure customer gets the software ASAP. I also have a support email helpline so there is no excuse that I don't help people. Yet despite this I get some people trying their luck. "I cant work your software" or "The software hasn't arrived" despite tracking says it was.

Why is that people "cant work the software" yet never once emailed me for help ?
CAD software is complex and not everyone gets it first time.

However I cant really complain as only about 1 in a 100 people have any problems and most of those are simple "never followed the instructions or manual"

I can see in this case the buyer has a valid complaint, waiting many weeks is not on.
I buy pcb's from China and they are made and arrived within 2 weeks.
I guess in this case the seller used a cheap postage and so upset the customer by taking so long.
Maybe the solution is to offer different postages depending on speed wanted ?
I am happy to pay 15 for fast postage.

Last edited by nigelwright7557; 2nd February 2014 at 04:40 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!